Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

How did you meet your SO?

Posted by   + Show Post

How did you meet your husband or significant other? Share your story here!

by on Oct. 11, 2010 at 3:55 PM
Replies (1531-1537):
klbetts
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:25 PM
I met my DH via a mutual friend who is a karaoke dj! Imagine a cowboy singing AC/DC! It took another 6 months for us to actually date but we've been together since 2007.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mimi210
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 7:20 AM

mimi210
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 7:28 AM

I met my husband in high school. He was my best friend. We were friends for 3 years and then we decided to become a couple. Some unforseen events happened and we had to go our different ways. After 18+ years apart, we reconnected and here we are now. He can be a dork a times but he's my dork. lol.

LilyRodAngeles
by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 7:33 PM
We meet through Facebook. ..
wifenmom2011
by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 12:06 PM
1 mom liked this

we met at a football game his senior year my freshman year we have now been married for 3 years with two kids and a baby in heaven.

bamamommy2009
by Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 2:14 PM
1 mom liked this

In 2010 I was going through a rough time getting over a relationship with the father of my daughter. my dad encouraged me to get back into the dating game and try POH.COM..so I went on a few dates here and there with guys some were nice and others were creep but no one won a second date. Well I was getting discouraged when i was scrolling past this guy profile that had kept coming up as a match. Honestly my first thought was great he looks like a pompous a$$- shades on cocky smile next to a pool with barely covered girls in the background. Well a few days later he messaged me and we got to talking and he wasn't a butt like I thought. In fact he and I crossed paths before and had no known it. Our parents divorced the same year and my moved right down the street to his dad{lived in another city than me} we were both stationed on the same base and had not known each other then. well we finally agreed to meet up in Destin where he lived at now. i lived in Andalusia at the time so it was gonna be about an hour and fifteen for me. too keep my daughter safe i always asked that we met where ever the guy was because I did not tell people where I lived in case the guy was a creep. Well i went there and was expecting to see this jock guy{as his last picture showed} and I was standing in the Earthbound store waiting looking "interested" in some stones when I heard someone come up behind me. I turned and met this dark blue eyed, clean shaved man with broad shoulders, cocky smile, and these lips that just begged to be kissed. I was taken back because I had not expected this. We spent the rest of the day talking and walking together. he showed me off next door where he worked{did not know this at the time}  we went back to his place to watch a movie and just talk without being around everyone and he leaned in to kiss me..kissed my nose and then asked if he could kiss me....YES! and it was magic! two months later he moved into my home and has cared for my daughter like his own. The first time she saw him she called him dada! she knew before we did! well 5 months later we married and have been since then. We celebrate our 3rd anni this March and to this day I am still so happy with him :) best choice I ever made going to Destin to met him:)

Monsita
by Silver Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 3:34 PM
Would you care to explain this picture...
By the way, sorry for your lost!!

Quoting GoodRealGood:

Met mine at a car dealership.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)