Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

How did you meet your SO?

Posted by   + Show Post

How did you meet your husband or significant other? Share your story here!

by on Oct. 11, 2010 at 3:55 PM
Replies (1271-1280):
mom4life01
by on Jan. 10, 2012 at 9:48 PM

I met my Fiance on an online site. from chatting online to phone and text chat for a couple of weeks. finally made a date and met as friends. after our amazing date over 2 years ago we are still together an planning for our wedding.

Ksmomma30
by on Jan. 11, 2012 at 12:23 PM

we met a silly way...its pretty funny actually...we played this one game on ps2 called socom and we just started talking one day and one thing led to another and the next thing i kno i was moving to florida to be with him and we have been together ever since...this june will be 6 yrs and hopefully by the end of the year we will be married..we have one child..a beautiful 4 yr old lil girl and we want at least one more...thanks for having me in the group :) 

aliciajacinta
by on Jan. 11, 2012 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this

i met my husband,while we were pen pals,he was station in Germany and i was working for my step dad.i Had several pen pals during the Vietnam war and during Christmas i was looking for a new pen pal,and submitted a letter to the USO and a buddy of my husband told him that he was going to start writing to a girl that in lived in his home town,but would not tell him anymore information,so my husband got him drunk and stole the envelope and started writing to me.We wrote for a period of about 4 months,because he was coming home for good.,WE went out,dated for a period of 6 months at the time my mom was very ill and in between my job and taking care of her, he proposed,but my mom died on Halloween 1972,but i had accepted and we decided to wait for a whole year.We have been married 38 years and we have one special child  Alicia Jacinta

lesbians

KorbinsMommie21
by on Jan. 11, 2012 at 10:03 PM

well..this might sound cheesy but we met on Myspace 2 years ago lmao!! there was about 3-4 feet of snow on the ground and i was snowed in at my friends house. we talked on the phone every night for hours and we text messaged eachother all day until the day the roads were just clear enough for me to go home (the roads were still horrible but i just had to go home because i couldn't stand being stuck at my friends house for another day) but anyways..i told him i had made it home and he asked me if it was ok if he came to meet me in person and tried to get him not to because i lived on a mountain at the time but he insisted. i didn't say no but i did warn him the roads were horrible and he said he would have his brother drive him as far as their van would go and he would walk the rest of the way..i thought the man was nuts but needless to say his brother did drive him as far as he could and then he got out and walked the rest of the way, about a mile or so to my house in the snow and we have been together everyday ever since and i love that crazy man with all my heart <3

lauracb10
by on Jan. 11, 2012 at 10:27 PM
I met my so at an AA meeting... I saw him around the hall for a few months and I asked about him .... w were introduced but never really talked ....I was there one day meditating and he showed up and we sat down and talked.... he asked me if I wanted to go to dinner the next day I said yes and that was over a year ago.... I love him so much!.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shymomof4
by Member on Jan. 11, 2012 at 10:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I was working at Home Depot.  He was in the store looking for a tool box on wheels.  After helping him find one he just kept looking at me.  I was like can I help you with anyone else lol.  He was like you can help me your number (corney I know!), We exchanged numbers and we have been together almost 8 years!

elyciasmom08
by Manda on Jan. 16, 2012 at 9:59 AM

I use to work with mil at a nursing home. she introduced us 8 years ago this comng march. we started dating few weeks later and now almost years later he is the love of my life and best friend and husband and the father of my children

bbykathy
by on Jan. 17, 2012 at 2:07 PM

To be honest I met my husband through an ex-boyfriend. We became really close friends and there was always a spark between us since the moment we met. Then a few years down the road we ended up dating and have been together ever since. :)

MadameBeckford
by on Jan. 17, 2012 at 9:38 PM

I was heading to meet one of my older brothers and there he was standing on the corner and my brother came out of the church and introduce him as his Godson and for years he called me Auntie and I called him Nephew and three years later we were married and here we are today.

ishie4ever
by on Jan. 17, 2012 at 9:39 PM
We met in college.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)