Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

How did you meet your SO?

Posted by   + Show Post

How did you meet your husband or significant other? Share your story here!

by on Oct. 11, 2010 at 3:55 PM
Replies (1301-1310):
livthruthis
by on Jan. 29, 2012 at 6:39 PM
1 mom liked this
We met at work. We were both struggling in marriages that were not meant to be. We became friends and helped each other through some tough times. We both ended up divorcing and starting a relationship. We have been together for 17+ years 8-)
boogan1112
by on Jan. 29, 2012 at 6:46 PM

we met on plentyoffish, the dating site. i made him wait a couple months before we met in person and stopped talking to every other guy after the very first time we met up :)

IvanNLynnsMommy
by on Jan. 30, 2012 at 12:50 AM

My Husband & I Met 8 Yrs Ago On A Social Site Called Cpixel.com <3

hotmamiof2
by on Jan. 30, 2012 at 6:53 AM
We met when we both were 19 yrs old. He browsed me on myspace thats how we met
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SC_Mom31
by on Jan. 31, 2012 at 8:02 PM

My boyfriend and I met on a online daying site.  He found me.  We both have kids. I have a daughter(2) and he has a son(9). We've been together for just over 1 year.  We just bought our first house together.  in love

arlene81
by on Jan. 31, 2012 at 8:03 PM
We use to work together 6 years ago. Lost touch then met back up 10 months ago.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicalina
by on Feb. 1, 2012 at 9:28 PM

We met in Mexico. He's from New Zealand and he lives in Australia. I live in California. He has been flying here to see me every three weeks for two years now.

CJF0207
by on Feb. 1, 2012 at 9:53 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband and I started out as penpal friends :) He had just enlisted in the Army and was lonely in basic so I wrote him...that was January 2009 I was in a failing relationship at the time and he was a someone to talk too. I broke up with my bf in April and soon after that he got a cell phone and we started talking for hours at a time everyday. We started dating May 25th before we had even met. I picked him up at the airport July 17th and he proposed August 7th. And so began our relationship :)

Misty618
by on Feb. 5, 2012 at 2:07 PM
1 mom liked this

So here in our town we had what they called "The Strip". It's a small street on the side of the main road that would take you to the stores and restaurants off the main road. So on June 10th 2006, my friend and I had just graduated high school on May 22nd, and we were just enjoying our freedom before the "real life" kicked in. We were driving down the strip when my friend hollered at this guy and his friends. She said "My friend in the back thinks your hot!!" (Side note: my "friend" would use me a lot to get guys for herself, I don't know why or how it worked but she would tell them I liked them and then she would start sleeping with them. All these guys she did this with, I never had an interest in them. Needless to say, my now DH made me realize she was not a true friend and she and I no longer associate with each other.) Anyways, back to the story...I never seen the guy so I went along with it, because I knew she was just wanting another "play toy". So we stop in the parking lot in front of a clothing store and we all get out of the car and everyone gets out of his car. Me and him start talking.  We swap phone numbers and started talking every night on the phone. On June 18th. 2006, he and his little cousin were on their way back to Fort Knox (He was active Duty Army), he had his little cousin ask me out for him because he was afraid I would say no. We started dating that night. Little cousin told me that if he HAD to call for DH, because I was all he ever talked about.

June 18th, 2011, we were married! He became my best friend on June 10th, 2006. He made me realize that my "friend" was just using me. And I needed to get away from it, because I was better than that. I wouldn't trade that night for anything in the world. His little cousin, the one that has been there since day 1, and the one that asked me out for DH, was our Best Man in our wedding.

Mrs. Matthews in love

JennPearce
by Jenn! on Feb. 5, 2012 at 2:12 PM
We met at a party when I was 19 & he had just turned 21. I was kind of dating another guy off his boat but it was in no way serious. We had gone on 2 dates & the guy was seeing other girls as well and was at this party. My dh came up to me & sparked conversation with me. We even ended up kissing that night & we haven't been apart since.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)