Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How did you meet your SO?

Posted by   + Show Post

How did you meet your husband or significant other? Share your story here!

by on Oct. 11, 2010 at 3:55 PM
Replies (1311-1320):
Camsmommy12
by on Feb. 5, 2012 at 2:24 PM

We met at a local bar..Gave each other eye contact started dancing together and the rest is history!! I know your not supposed to find your husband at a bar.. But I did :) And we never looked back,, we had some of our wedding pictures taken there as well :)

Katigan
by on Feb. 5, 2012 at 2:55 PM

We met at a tent meeting in NC. I was from NC and he was from Iowa. I befriended his family a year earlier and went to the tent meeting to see his sisters and met him. :) We became immediate best friends and slowly fell completely in love with each other. We were best friends for about three years before getting married. He and I lived so far away from each other that we ate up all communication means possible. We wrote letters, emailed, chatted, texted and talked everyday on the phone for hours. Because of the distance we REALLY got to know each other instead of being centered on the physical attraction. The first while, we only saw each other every six months. We would spend two weeks together either at his family's house or my family's house. Those moments were so precious that it helped us not take for granted being near each other. :)

TXMOM1006
by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 1:48 AM

We met in an AOL chatroom in April of 1999...by October we were living together and a year later we were married...I honestly wandered in the chatroom because of the movie "You've Got Mail"...I lurked in the background, watching others interact, it was a regional room, so I wound up getting to chat with a couple of school mates I hadn't seen in a long while...then one day Jeff came in and nobody would respond to him, so he began talking to himself, to be funny...I couldn't resist, I struck up a conversation...we started private chatting, getting to know one another (LOL!! no cybersex!) we met face to face on my birthday when the chatroom threw me a party at a local nightclub...we've been inseperable since..

momma201116
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 9:02 PM
Simple at work
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
toshalc
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 9:20 PM

I was 21 & working at Wal-Mart, he was a manager there and we flirted but nothing serious seeing as how they have rules about that kind of thing, 3 1/2 yrs later i decided to persue another job so i quit walmart, my last night at walmart i got off at 10pm, at 1015 he was calling my cell and we have been together ever since, im now 25, he is 40 and we are married and have twin girls who are 10 months old! I love him dearly!

marinegirl93
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 10:35 PM

about 3 months after my son was born I was at walmart late one night with my mom and son. I saw my friend and ran over to hug him and we all started talking. He had a friend with him who happend to be one of my friends older brothers. We all talked and just walked around for a few hours and I fell in love with him but he had a girl friend.. he told me he wanted to be my sons dad and i said okay.. we talked off and on. over a year later after moving away I came back for a funeral and saw him at the bowling alley. I had been crying. He walked up behind me and wrapped his arms around me.. I fell in love all over again. I've been with him since.

Jeni1124
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Originally: I went to a party at his house with my friend...who he was seeing.

When we started dating: I tagged along with my roommate to go camping with some of her friends. Thats when we started talking. My friend who he had been seeing was 100% cool with it.

Heidi5711
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 11:07 PM
My dh and I met on tagged.com :) we met in person in September in 2010. Moved in with him in December of 2010. Got married in may of 2011
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DanaB1019
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 11:07 PM

We met online in a teen chat room. I was there because I had recently gotten out of a terrible 2 year relationship, and so had he. I wanted to chat and flirt and be who I was. I was only 17, still in high school.

Lexi76
by on Feb. 10, 2012 at 9:27 AM

I met my DBF on OkCupid. It's a free online dating service. We met December 2010. He is a wonderful man and we are building a strong Godly relationship together.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)