Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

How did you meet your SO?

Posted by   + Show Post

How did you meet your husband or significant other? Share your story here!

by on Oct. 11, 2010 at 3:55 PM
Replies (21-30):
raveamethyst31
by on Nov. 1, 2010 at 1:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I met him through mutual friends at the time.  I was not looking to get involved and when this insanely funny gorgeous guy drove over to hang out with all of us, as soon as I laid my eyes on hikm I told our mutual friend "I'm in love and I  will marry him!!"  Steve and I became instantly close and played a prank on our friends, buying engagement rings and pretending to look for a place together just a few days after meeting.  Two years later and we haven't taken our rings off, we just got married on October 1st and were due to have or first baby girl!!!

MamaBird95
by on Nov. 1, 2010 at 2:39 AM
1 mom liked this

My husband Matthew and I met at a party.  Not just any party mind you; it was a Clash Party!  Nothing you were wearing could match!  He was a wallflower almost the whole party until my best friend at the time pointed him out and said "That guy over there has been trying to get your attention all night!"  I asked "What guy?"  When I turned to look in the direction she was pointing, I say him leaning up against the wall, hands behind his back and staring at his mis-matched shoes.  I walked up and stood in front of him just out of his view and waited until he looked up.  When he did I reached out my hand to shake his and said "My name is Jessie, what's yours?"  He said Matthew and took my hand to shake but I grabbed hold of it and dragged him out onto the dance floor and said "Dance with me Matthew."  The first time he ever saw me I was wearing hot pink sweat pants, a purple sweat shirt with a black triangle pattern, olive green canvas shoes with grey socks, a red vest with white, green and blue flowers all over it, huge disk shaped abalone earrings and my long blond hair was tied up with a neon yellow bandanna headband.  I had on no makeup what so ever and I was wearing John Lennon round eyeglasses!  I was 15 1/2 at the time and he was 22.  That was October of '92.  I turned 16 in March and we didn't see each other until the summer of '93.  He asked me to come to a party that his sisters were throwing in August and we starting dating after that.  We dated for three months before he proposed.  My parents wouldn't sign any papers for me so we waited until I turned 18.  Six days after my 18th birthday we were married and 10 months after that we had our beautiful daughter.  That was in 1995 and here we are almost 16 years later.  Four kids, two cats and a dog and we still love being around each other.

HisOnlyLove
by on Nov. 1, 2010 at 7:28 PM

We met when i was 15 and he was 19, we had mutual friends and he was even friends with my older brother lol!! Me & some friends were at Hollywood Video getting a movie & he was there with his friends, well my friends knew him & they introduced us, they all then came over to my house to watch the movie. He sat next to me & hit on me the whole time lol!! I was too young then though (even tho i did think he was cute) haha!! We didn't see each other much after then then he joined the Army & i didn't hear from him much until I was 19 he hit me up on myspace. He was deployed in Iraq & was going through personal problems but I was there to make his whole world better again (or so he says lol). He came back from deployment & we made it "official" at the time he was stationed in Fort Richardson, Alaska & i was living in California. So we were long distance for a whole year before i came up to Alaska with him. Its been 2 years & we recently got married in June and had a handsome baby boy together. After everything we been through together we're a perfect example of when its meant to be, its meant to be lol!! We couldn't be happier :)

vicki93
by on Nov. 1, 2010 at 7:54 PM

How cute. I love reading all of your stories. A group of friends introduced my husband and myself. I actually knew his brother long before him (didn't know he had a brother.) 

Our first date consisted of myself him, and six other close friends. Talk about intimidating-all of us at Olive Garden. 

sweetiesteddy
by on Nov. 2, 2010 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this

I met my husband when I was 9 years old, he was 13. I had just moved to a new city and I had become friends with his sister, she introduced us. He and I fliirted for several years but then lost touch. When I was 19 and going through a divorce, he and I started talking again. My divorce was final in Jan. and we were married the following June. I know a lot of people think we rushed into getting married but we've been together for 6 years and have been married for 5 1/2. We have a wonderful 13 month old son and are expecting another baby boy in April.

Tru2Him4E
by on Nov. 2, 2010 at 2:59 PM

My husband and I met thru my Dad. They were working a the same printshop at the time.

momma622
by on Nov. 3, 2010 at 9:07 AM

We both worked for the water dept in our city some 30 yrs ago, I was in the office and he was on the working crew.  He never asked me out had someone else do it for him.  At first I said no because I was leary of someone who could not ask himself.  You should always follow your gut as they say.

Num1GIGI
by on Nov. 3, 2010 at 9:13 AM

We met 13 years ago. He was a milk delivery driver and I am a school nutrition manager. He delivered milk to my school. I didn't like him in the beginning, but he grew on me.  We dated for 2 years, then I broke it off, for no reason.  He called every year on Mother's Day and my birthday to wish me happiness.  11 years later, we are back together.

LoManda
by on Nov. 3, 2010 at 10:16 AM

We Met at his work I had to go pick up my brother, he worked there as well... after a few time of me stopping by to get my brother, my husbands friend walked up to me in the middle of the shop and said  "Hey I am Jesse, your Amanda Jays sister right?  See that guy over there he thinks your cute." and points over to Matt "my now husband".  So the next day Jays girlfriend gave Matt my number he didn't call for 3 weeks!! Then Jay got him to go out to a bar with us, he had to stay over that night, bc he had been drinking. He came back over after work that following Monday and everyday after.  We were engaged after 4 months and we got married 1 week before our 1st anniversary.  We just hit our 8th anniversary..

ivakb3
by on Nov. 4, 2010 at 11:39 AM

My husband taught me how to sell cars in Memphis, TN.  All downhill from there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)