CafeMom is experiencing issues that should be resolved soon
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

How did you meet your SO?

Posted by   + Show Post

How did you meet your husband or significant other? Share your story here!

by on Oct. 11, 2010 at 3:55 PM
Replies (31-40):
Happymother30
by on Nov. 4, 2010 at 12:02 PM

We met at our job,he had just moved to Tx where i lived.We became friends first.He asked me out a few times and i said no because i had just gotten out of a bad relationship.well he was having problems with his roommate ,so was going back to MN.Left me a note that if i wanted to remain friends to come to his going away party that night.I was unsure,but made myself go,we got a little drunk lol,and i let my guard down and ended up staying the night.Best night of my life.Well he still moved back to Mn and we had a long distance relationship for 9 mths.And he moved back ,we have been together ever since 9 yrs ago.He is the best thing that ever happened to me could not ask for anyone that would love me for me then he does!

Acook331
by on Nov. 4, 2010 at 10:14 PM

Hubby and I met when we were working together as Corrections Officer.  He had a girlfriend and I had a boyfriend so we just waited until we were both single....it only took 3 years for him to dump the girl as my relationship had been long over.  haha

So we met in 2003 and married in 2006 after only a month together.  It's been heaven (for the most part) ever since.

syrofam5
by on Nov. 4, 2010 at 10:55 PM

We went to school together. Then when he was 18 and I was 17 we got pregnant and married. We have been married for 10 1/2 years now. And happy as ever!

jake0225
by on Nov. 5, 2010 at 6:40 AM

@ Mom2Jack 04... my hyusband and I met on plentyoffish.com as well! I recommend that site to everyone that i know trying to meet someone!

We spoke on the phone and emails for about 3 weeks before we met in person and have been inseperable ever since! He is definitely the best thing that has ever happend to me! I feel so lucky to have met him!

sammy1979
by on Nov. 5, 2010 at 10:06 AM

we met at work :) 

Vanessa0803
by on Nov. 5, 2010 at 3:36 PM

We met thru friends in 9th grade, started dating and have been together ever since.  We have been together for 16 years and married for 81/2. 

fransisca
by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 4:56 AM
i have known my husband sence i was 13 yrs old he was my older brothers friend...... i always had a crush but that was it !!! as time went on he headed to college lost contact for a few years then one night we ended up at the same party and have been togther ever since 8 yrs later two imazing kids and still going strong!!
Mjay84
by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 1:06 PM

We both worked at the same restaurant. He was a cook and i was a togo server. It started out with me trying to get the regular server to start treating the cooks as humans. I became good friends with the entire cook line but one stood out to me. We eventually started dating then got engaged. Now we are married with our son. Good deeds do come back at you.

shake hand

mohme2three
by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 7:14 PM

Mine pulled my friend over..........and i was in the passenger seat (: we live in a small town.. and ever since then we always ran into eachoter (: gotta love the popo!

terryswifey1
by on Nov. 8, 2010 at 7:26 AM

My hubby was in the military  and i was actually  his bartender:)  i knew from the first beer that i served him, that he was going to be mine!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)