Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

How did you meet your SO?

Posted by   + Show Post

How did you meet your husband or significant other? Share your story here!

by on Oct. 11, 2010 at 3:55 PM
Replies (41-50):
JJBM-Mom
by on Nov. 8, 2010 at 12:39 PM

My husband and I met at the fair when I was only 15 and he was 19. We started seeing each other and I got pregnant. We got married in January 1982 and had our first child in August 1982. We have been married for 28 years.

Serenity75
by on Nov. 8, 2010 at 6:04 PM

I'm afraid it's not much of a story... we were really good friends in high school.

BabyTorres3
by on Nov. 9, 2010 at 12:41 AM

i met my husband in 8th grade at a skating rink (it was the hang out spot at the time), we dated all through high school and got married right after we graduated and he joined the army a week later, we have 2 wonderful kids and our third on the way. we have been together for 9yr and married for 5yr. i love him to death. 

Treefrog64
by on Nov. 9, 2010 at 10:36 AM

I was having lunch with a friend of mine, and he came up and started talking to me.  The rest is history.

jessica.holder
by on Nov. 9, 2010 at 1:16 PM

i worked at RadioShack and he came in to buy a satilite radio. i needed his number to activate the account and he said the only way he would give me his number was if i gave him mine. and i did! best decision of my life!! we have been together a little over 2 years married a little over 1 year. we have a 18 month old son and are expecting our second in december

Neverstops
by on Nov. 9, 2010 at 1:21 PM

I met me hubby at a night club.  He was a bouncer, and I had a guy harassing me so I went to talk to security and we ended up getting married 5 months later.  And now its going on 8 years together.

cheri1010
by on Nov. 9, 2010 at 3:27 PM

I work in a school, so in summer my routine was a little different. I stopped into the local Dollar General for a few things. My SO had worked in our small town for about a year and we had never run across each other. He was in the store during his lunch break. He noticed me, I noticed him, and made sure I was in the line in front of him. I waited for him to say something but I had to start the conversation.  We introduced ourselves and talked more in the parking lot.  He found out my unlisted phone number and called me a few days later!  I liked that he wanted to get to know me, he seemed so cute and anxious. After about a month, I made an excuse to go into his workplace, where normally I wouldn't just see him in the outer office, but that day he was there.  I was very jazzed at the look on his face. It feels good to have a goodlooking man look at you like you are "all that" We began talking and emailing, went on a casual date, and have been together for 2 years. He is very thoughtful, open and fun. He makes me very happy!!! He likes to tell people how we met in the dollar store, and how random it was for us to have met. We agree that it was somehow meant to be!!!

opalmama04
by on Nov. 10, 2010 at 3:34 PM

i met my husband when he was doing some work with my aunt's boyfriend...back in january 2004...in love

Kenziesmomma558
by on Nov. 10, 2010 at 4:55 PM

My hubby and i met in middle school and started dating in high school...we broke up and i moved out of town and about 4 years later we found each other on myspace :) lol and now were married with a beautiful daughter!!

lovinmom17
by on Nov. 10, 2010 at 8:04 PM

We meet in Jr high i saw him his first day of school and we locked eyes and i knew that we were goign to be together after that. We have been married for 4yrs and have been together for eight years.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)