Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Great Advice for Couples

Posted by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 1:57 PM
  • 10 Replies

I love this group so glad so many of your are working on improving your relationships.  My husband runs a blog about improving couples relationships that you might want to check out.  The name of it is The Couples Spot and you can find it at http://thecouplesspot.blogspot.com Let me know what you think it is a bit raw but he is passionate about it.  

by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 1:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ShannaBee
by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 8:35 PM
Thanks for the link. It's awesome to have a man's perspective.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Inwardoasis
by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 10:50 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband is so totally awesome I love him so much but sometimes he is even a bit to much for me.  

Serenity75
by on Nov. 8, 2010 at 6:11 PM

I was just thinking the same thing :)

Quoting ShannaBee:

Thanks for the link. It's awesome to have a man's perspective.

Inwardoasis
by on Nov. 10, 2010 at 6:20 AM

He amazes me with each thing he posts he truly is the love of my life. 

emanticoff
by Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 8:55 PM

I need to get my husband to hear me. Not just think I am a nag. I want to be appreciated for all I do. Staying home with the kids, cleaning, cooking, taking care of the kids, maintaing an organized household, giving up my career to stay home. I don't want to feel irrelevant. I am starting to feel depressed and like I am not worth much anymore. My identity is housekeeper/ childcare . I hope people don't take what I am saying the wrong way. I love my kids, that's why I sacrifice everything for them. I just want my husband to validate me. To show grattitude for me. Sometimes I feel irrelevant. Like I am part of the furniture unless someone needs something, then I am relevant again. I don't want to smash my husband. He is a wonderful father and tries his best. I don't think men get what we go through as stay at home mothers. I feel frumpy, I gained weight, i just turned 39 (lord help me), and I am islolated in a town where I know no one. I am on the brink of a nervous breakdown actually. I feel like every day is ground hog day. I just need guidance. Some girl talk. Anyone up for that?

daijobu
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 10:44 PM

(Hugs!)  I'm in the same boat.  The age thing is never fun.  A lack of appreciation isn't much help in the ego department, either.  It's not like you need to be praised, but noticing at least some things you've done would do wonders.  We recently moved and I don't know anyone here.  Groundhogs' Day.  Cute and true!

Quoting emanticoff:

I need to get my husband to hear me. Not just think I am a nag. I want to be appreciated for all I do. Staying home with the kids, cleaning, cooking, taking care of the kids, maintaing an organized household, giving up my career to stay home. I don't want to feel irrelevant. I am starting to feel depressed and like I am not worth much anymore. My identity is housekeeper/ childcare . I hope people don't take what I am saying the wrong way. I love my kids, that's why I sacrifice everything for them. I just want my husband to validate me. To show grattitude for me. Sometimes I feel irrelevant. Like I am part of the furniture unless someone needs something, then I am relevant again. I don't want to smash my husband. He is a wonderful father and tries his best. I don't think men get what we go through as stay at home mothers. I feel frumpy, I gained weight, i just turned 39 (lord help me), and I am islolated in a town where I know no one. I am on the brink of a nervous breakdown actually. I feel like every day is ground hog day. I just need guidance. Some girl talk. Anyone up for that?

mghtymffn
by Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:10 PM

the best way to get to know people is join activities, mom groups like MOPS, volunteer at the church, go to the library( they always have fun groups) but most importantly talk to your hubby.  You are the superglue to everyone in your family.    I can almost gurantee that your hubby loves validation from you so express that you would like that too.  I wrote my hubby a long letter stating almost the same thing 2 years ago(did i mention that i left for a whole weekend) and now when i make meals or iron his clothes, he says thankyou and gives me a hug.  He also designated one day of the week to my day off and he does everything that day...........

Quoting emanticoff:

loving wife to Michael, and mommy to xavier
2lilmamas
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:16 PM
I will have to check it out.
emanticoff
by Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 8:56 AM

Thanks for the great advice. Maybe I should write my husband a letter as well.

ida123
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 11:03 PM
Ok..thanks!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)