Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

How did your hubby/so behave?

Posted by on Nov. 10, 2010 at 7:04 PM
  • 18 Replies

When you were pregnant, how did your dh/so behave?

by on Nov. 10, 2010 at 7:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Neverstops
by on Nov. 11, 2010 at 7:49 AM

With our first he couldn't do enough to help me, cleaning the house, laundry, dishes, you name it!! If I had a craving at 2am he ran to the store to get it!!  With 2nd , not so much... he helped some but there was no runs to the store in the middle of the night for a craving.  But that was ok cause with the 2nd I didn't really expect his help with everything. 

lovep1117
by on Nov. 11, 2010 at 8:02 AM
Well with this one which is my third but first from my husband. He is always out with the boys. He can't cook so that's no help and he surly hardly helps with anything around the house. But if I want something in the middle of the night or day he will jump his butt up and either take me or go get it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShannaBee
by on Nov. 11, 2010 at 1:07 PM
He is a poohead! I thought he'd be more involved but no. When I talk about the baby and baby stuff he acts disenterested. When I'm hurting he has no sympathy, he won't even rub my back or feet. He makes me sad and upset.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lion1971
by on Nov. 12, 2010 at 9:58 AM

With my two pregnacies the treatment was great.He will go out of his way to make sure that I was very comfortable at all times and being treated like a queen.

m0_mommy
by on Nov. 13, 2010 at 5:46 AM

My hubby was great! He would rub my feet every day...even the days they didnt hurt! He went to EVERY doc appt with me and did the majority of the cleaning and laundry. He wouldn't even let me carry in groceries! Chris helped to the point it got frustrating cuz i felt helpless!! lol

ShannaBee
by on Nov. 13, 2010 at 7:17 AM
I'm jealous of you ladies. I have to beg DH to rub my feet or back and only once has he done it out of all the times I ask. I feel like he is so uninvolved and that he doesn't care.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cvb102076
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Mine did NOTHING. At the time we were living with his Mom. I purchased ALL of my own maternity cloths went to ONLY TWO of my MANY sonograms ( I was high risk) I purchased about 98 percent of my OWN baby things I was expected to help clean out the shed in HOT texas weather get up on a step stool at 8 months pregnant to help clean the blinds and stuff  I was also on my hands and knees scrubbing toilets and the floors His mom nor him every helped me. They just left the mess until i cleaned it up to avoid being yelled at. PLUS i worked a full time job driving 45 to an hour five days a week and his mom didnt work other than volunteer work a couple of days a week I never ever got any help carrying in the groceries let alone someone going to get them for me i got nothing but greif when i was tired or not feeling at my best So basicly my first pregnancy was very lonley and upsetting. He basicly abandoned me emotionally and physically. He still doesnt treat me the way he used to before i got pg with our daughter. But on the bright side I have a wonderful 16 month old daughter out of the deal =)  I

tinkerspell
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:15 PM
My husband is the same way but with this pregnancy he barley talks about it he is deployed at the moment and its a big stresser but im pritty sure he talks to his mom.
And before anybody thinks meanie things about hubby his mom is a great support network for him and he believes that he is doing the best without stressing me with his stress while he is away he does talk about the baby the closer the homecoming comes

Quoting m0_mommy:

My hubby was great! He would rub my feet every day...even the days they didnt hurt! He went to EVERY doc appt with me and did the majority of the cleaning and laundry. He wouldn't even let me carry in groceries! Chris helped to the point it got frustrating cuz i felt helpless!! lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amanda81919
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:15 PM
I didn't really let him do anything. He went with me when he could, but I did it all bc I could same with our second one difference he. Watched our son if I needed to go to the store so I could get a mini break,
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BonitaM
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2012 at 9:29 PM

When we found out very excited.  He put up with a lot with me because I was sick throughout my whole pregnancy.  He acted normal otherwise.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN