Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

help make your marriage stronger, 3rd video added

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2010 at 12:28 AM
  • 9 Replies

Poll

Question: Question: after watching these 3 videos, do you think they are a good start to fixing a marriage?

Options:

yes

no

maybe

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 7

View Results

me and my ex husband have been going through alot but now are currently trying to work on things, well, as i was googling marriage counseling, i came across this site that sends videos to your email if you sign up for it that are supposed to help people see their marriage more clearly. i thought i would share the videos. these are just 2 of the videos, its all ive gotten so far.

the site is strongmarriagenow.com

by on Nov. 18, 2010 at 12:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
kybella
by on Nov. 18, 2010 at 11:18 AM

I think there is a lot of good advice/points made in the videos IMO.

mommy2ree
by on Nov. 18, 2010 at 12:40 PM

I can't view them at work but wanted to thank you for sharing, I am currently separated from my husband and we are going to try and work on things maybe these video's can help too.

kybella
by on Nov. 18, 2010 at 1:11 PM

Quoting mommy2ree:

I can't view them at work but wanted to thank you for sharing, I am currently separated from my husband and we are going to try and work on things maybe these video's can help too.

May I make a suggestion?  I read a book called the 5 Love languages and it really helped us with our communications etc.  Just a thought.

mommy2ree
by on Nov. 18, 2010 at 1:20 PM

Thank you! That seems to be one of our big issues right now.

Quoting kybella:

Quoting mommy2ree:

May I make a suggestion?  I read a book called the 5 Love languages and it really helped us with our communications etc.  Just a thought.

awooding
by on Nov. 18, 2010 at 2:09 PM

Thank you so much for this. The timing is perfect. *sigh* Not that he'll even watch or heed anything she says, but it's worth a try I guess.

kybella
by on Nov. 18, 2010 at 2:34 PM

Quoting awooding:

Thank you so much for this. The timing is perfect. *sigh* Not that he'll even watch or heed anything she says, but it's worth a try I guess.

The hardest thing for me when my DH and I were having issues was admitting that some of the things I was doing was counterproductive.  I'm not saying what you're doing is wrong because I don't know your situation but my point is this:  My DH was not gonna watch a video etc but...when I worked on me, he seemed to change as well.  I firmlly believe it takes two but sometimes someone needs to take the first step.  If he doesn't watch the videos, you watch them anyways.

awooding
by on Nov. 18, 2010 at 2:51 PM

Quoting kybella:

Quoting awooding:

The hardest thing for me when my DH and I were having issues was admitting that some of the things I was doing was counterproductive.  I'm not saying what you're doing is wrong because I don't know your situation but my point is this:  My DH was not gonna watch a video etc but...when I worked on me, he seemed to change as well.  I firmlly believe it takes two but sometimes someone needs to take the first step.  If he doesn't watch the videos, you watch them anyways.

Yeah, I've just tried everything and as soon as I think things are going great...well, let's just say their names start with C, M, D and W and they're female. *sigh* Too many times i've had to read all the messages to other women and see that regardless of what I'm doing, he's off doing something else.

I'm still not sure I'm ready to give up though.

Advertising welcome in...

Come Join Us...

ShannaBee
by on Nov. 18, 2010 at 5:16 PM
I am on my cell and can't watch videos but thanks for posting. Bumping so I can find this post later when I am near my laptop.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lydia_Lynne
by on Nov. 18, 2010 at 5:29 PM

I put maybe because there are so many different situations that lead couples to divorce or to the point of needing counseling.  I guess these two videos are a good start, I'm definitely curious to see the others.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)