Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's the hardest part of relationships?

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2010 at 7:37 PM
  • 16 Replies

What do you think is the hardest part of being in a relationship?

by on Nov. 19, 2010 at 7:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
4_28_bbboy
by on Nov. 19, 2010 at 8:08 PM

Communication!

alissawuthrich
by on Nov. 19, 2010 at 8:10 PM

My husband is gone a lot because he is a Marine. We trust each other completely, I just miss him so much when he's gone.

kathyartist2007
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2010 at 8:48 PM

We've only been married a year and still in the "honeymoon phase." However, every now and then we have an issue where we are surprised by the other's reaction or upset about something because we don't understand why the other said or did something a particular way. The hardest thing is asking for what we need or want without feeling hurt because the other didn't know. I recently was kind of mad at him for several months because in our huge house of 6 bedrooms, none was designated as my studio (I'm an artist). We moved in a year ago just before we got married and he designated 2 bedrooms as his daughters' even though they don't live there. Another room was a guest room and another was his "mom's room" and she doesn't live with us either! I finally (after getting upset) told him what I wanted and he was surprised saying "why didn't you tell me?" I was like, you never asked! 

I'm learning how to speak up for what I want instead of waiting for it to be presented to me (and thereby getting hurt when it is overlooked or forgotten).

JaivonsMommy
by on Nov. 19, 2010 at 8:50 PM
You are soooo right. I. Agree 100% . This was our major issue for years and we both learned this was the root of our problems.

Quoting 4_28_bbboy:

Communication!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KatieJo81
by on Nov. 19, 2010 at 9:02 PM

The biggest challenge for us was learning how to comingle our children and our discipline methods.

MrsHubler
by on Nov. 19, 2010 at 9:06 PM

Yep!

Quoting 4_28_bbboy:

Communication!

orange4agua72
by on Nov. 19, 2010 at 9:06 PM

Try to communicate respectfully ALL the time! WE are SO comfortable around one another that we sometimes completely fortget that the OTHER one is DIFFERENT than we are!

ShannaBee
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2010 at 11:22 PM
Communication and sharing responsibilities.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alisha34886
by on Nov. 19, 2010 at 11:55 PM

I think the hardest thing in a relationship is TRUST.

nurseangel032
by on Nov. 20, 2010 at 11:19 AM

The hardest part for me is having to consider someone elses feelings with most of your decisions.    The perk singlehood had , was it was nice to do what ever I wanted, how ever I wanted, when ever I wanted without having to consider its effect on another person.   

Of course, the security of knowing that my best friend is always here for me,  does make up for any sacrifices or compromises :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)