Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

newly single grandmother

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2010 at 8:01 PM
  • 5 Replies

Was married for 18 yrs then divorced...amicable he wasn't into family and kids.  Was single for 3 yrs started dating and lived with someone for 8 yrs...he was very abusive and conrtolling.  It took an illness for me to realise I had to get out or I would be dead.  All this time I had been raising my granddaughter.  She is 12.  The abuse affected her also.  It is hard but I am praying God leads us down the right path.  This will be the first holiday in 8 years that is abuse/stress free.  I am looking forward to it even though there is no money for gifts......our lives are more important.

by on Nov. 19, 2010 at 8:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
orange4agua72
by on Nov. 19, 2010 at 9:19 PM

You're lives are MUCH MORE IMPORTANT!!! I've been in a horribly abusive relationship as well for over 4years and I thank GOD every day for giving me the stregth to get out! It WILL be VERY tough, but you can make it! You've done the RIGHT THING!!!! HUGS!

ShannaBee
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2010 at 11:19 PM
Welcome to the group. I am glad things are better for you and your granddaughter now. I hope the two of you really enjoy the holidays this year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
m_sawyer
by on Nov. 19, 2010 at 11:22 PM

Im sorry to hear what you have gone through. Glad to hear you are out of that situation. You and your granddaughter will have much better lives now and thats the best present any one could ask for!

jenbscott
by on Nov. 20, 2010 at 1:35 AM
I have a feeling this holiday season is going to be a great one...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mimik01
by on Nov. 20, 2010 at 9:35 AM

Thank you for your encouragement.  It is her and I against the world !  I have to remind myself that I do have the strength and courage to keep moving.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)