Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Frustrated...How do I know what he's thinking?

Posted by   + Show Post

So I am 40 weeks pregnant with our first today...and I go to the dr tomorrow to schedule my induction for Friday and fill out the paperwork...I am just a jumble of emotions ranging from thrilled to anxious to scared to excited to exhausted. DH on the otherhand--COMPLETELY different story! He hasn't shown a single face-twitch of emotion about anything...and I have everyone asking me how hubby is handling the news or how hubby feels about becoming a daddy by the end of the week, and I honestly DON'T KNOW! He is like a damn robot...and I flat out asked him "Are you excited?" and "Are you nervous?" and "So what do you think?" and he just shrugs. WTF?!

Am I the only one who's married to a freaking robot?? How do I know what he's thinking??????

by on Nov. 22, 2010 at 10:46 AM
Replies (11-17):
Wyatess0809
by on Nov. 22, 2010 at 10:50 PM

He will come around my hubby was the same with our first and now i have a pic of him holding our son for the first time and crying...so sweet!

relLie_babie
by on Nov. 23, 2010 at 1:19 AM

i know how you feel, my fiance was the same way when i was prego and it fusrated the hell out of mee. But once he was a daddy and had seen it happening it was a different story, guys don't really know what to feel i think cus they are not going through what we are and they dont have that bond or connection before the baby is born the way we doo, so for them its like yea im having a baby.. but they dont realise how they really feel until they are there holding there child and are able to start forming a bond with there child. now my son and his dad are closer than ever.. he is a mommies boy but def. a daddys lil mann .. you just have to wait and see how they react once its happening and they are going thru it!!! it should all turn out for the best!!! Good Luck with everything and congrats on the pregnancy:)

jazi1105
by Jazi :) on Nov. 23, 2010 at 7:02 AM

Glad to know I'm not alone!

Thanks ladies!! : )

krazykat10247
by on Nov. 25, 2010 at 8:31 PM

omg i went threw the samething dont worry girl my man was the same way when our baby girl popped out my man cried liked a lil baby and is the greatest dady to her i thought im gonna be all alone hes an ass he dont want this baby yada yada hes just nervous and doesnt know wat to excpect so dont worry things will change youll see in his eyes when ur baby comes how he acts and responds to when its born

ShannaBee
by on Nov. 25, 2010 at 9:58 PM
My friend once told me nobody will ever be as excited about pregnancy than you. We expect others to share our happiness and when they don't react the way we think they should or be as excited as we feel the should be, we tend to think they have no emotions. Everyone is different though and show emotion differently.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rebel_mommy09
by on Nov. 26, 2010 at 12:21 AM

Men tend to hide their emotions. He probably IS nervous, scared, worried, happy, excited, and anxious all at the same time and would rather keep his emotions to himself than be a big ball of emotions. Idk if that makes sense or not, but yeah

PrinceMomma84
by on Nov. 26, 2010 at 9:58 AM

He probably is way more nervous than you are. Men mostly don't wear their emotions on their sleeves and they are trained to be that way. Just make sure that you let him know that if he wants to talk that you will be there for him and don't be judgmental of his feelings either. Sometimes pregnancy and childbirth is way scarier for the men than it is for the women...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN