Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Are you a TRADITIONAL woman?

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2010 at 10:20 PM
  • 27 Replies

Meaning: do you cook, clean, and take care of the kids and not REALLY think it's HIS JOB to help you. Especially if you are a SAHM and he works full time, do you still take care of him when he gets home? Are you traditional woman?

by on Nov. 22, 2010 at 10:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kjbugsmom1517
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2010 at 10:26 PM

in the sense that you described i mostly am yes... i do expect him to help with the kids when hes home on his days off.... but i rarely voice it... i just hope i guess lol... as for the rest i dont expect much of anything

MommaForever007
by on Nov. 22, 2010 at 10:37 PM

I am :-) I am GREATLY appreciative of my husband and how hard he works so that I can be a stay at home mom.  When he gets home, if all he does is play with the baby and (when I request) clear and set the table, that's good with me.  I'd much rather it be this way than me go to work and leave Spencer at a day care.  I'm not perfect and I don't keep the house 100% clean or cook fancy meals every day, but my husband is super patient with me and understands that I don't enjoy working 100% of the time, that sometimes I like to play with Spencer or take a litte me time.  How can I get mad at him for relaxing when he's at home when he does so much for me?

MSully3
by on Nov. 22, 2010 at 10:39 PM
I am sorta, I do feel its my job, but he's a part of the marriage, and we are equal, regardless wether he works out of the home. We should share responsiblities, he should help where I need it. If I'm finishing up dinner he can wrangle the kids to clear up, or help finish homework, or put away laundry. Yes he should have a bit of downtime after getting home, but not to where he doesn't budge the rest of the night.
He should want to help, even if sometimes I am ok doing it all...momma needs a break too..lol
*notes for 2nd marriage* lol when and if that happens....pending divorce from 1st now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
orange4agua72
by on Nov. 22, 2010 at 10:41 PM

You sound a LOT like me. It took me a while to realise, but even though I am in school full time and a SAHM I STILL do everything "I should" as a woman and I'm COMPLETELY fine with that. Some women think that's weird, but I REALLY know how much it means to my husband that I repsect him enough to do things for him even when he's not doing a TON at home for me! He works HARD and he's an AMAZING husband and I don't mind ONE bit doing EVERYTHING for him if that's what he'd like. (Although that's NOT at ALL how it is...)

Quoting MommaForever007:

I am :-) I am GREATLY appreciative of my husband and how hard he works so that I can be a stay at home mom.  When he gets home, if all he does is play with the baby and (when I request) clear and set the table, that's good with me.  I'd much rather it be this way than me go to work and leave Spencer at a day care.  I'm not perfect and I don't keep the house 100% clean or cook fancy meals every day, but my husband is super patient with me and understands that I don't enjoy working 100% of the time, that sometimes I like to play with Spencer or take a litte me time.  How can I get mad at him for relaxing when he's at home when he does so much for me?

jbjb1024
by on Nov. 22, 2010 at 10:45 PM
I would have to say yes and no. Me and my hubby both work full time jobs. There are no babies yet, but we are trying to get pregnant. We came to an agreement about cleaning and cooking meals. We grocery shop every week together. I feel like we are equal in the things we do. However, if I was a SAHM, the only thing I would ask of DH is to cook meals once or twice a week and help with kid(s) when he gets home. I would clean and cook meals most of the time along with wake up with kid(s) during the night. My DH feels very strong about sharing responsibilties!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenbscott
by on Nov. 23, 2010 at 12:18 AM
Yes. I do everything. I keep the house clean, take care of the kids, run all the errands, balance the books, cook the meals, and everything in between. I'm a sahm and I love it...epecially since my kids are young. And, if it means doing everything, I will. I don't mind anyway..whenever dh tries to help out, he messes it up and I have MORE work to do, lol. Besides, I'm greatful for everything he does for me. he works hard to take care of us and doesn't complain so why should I?

I do everything for him too. Cater to him and all that other stuff. But only because I want too, not because I'm supposed too. He does the same to me...treats me like a queen, makes me feel special. When he comes home all he has to do is spend time with us.

I hope I didn't make it sound like I treat my husband like he's too good to walk on the ground, lol. Anything I ask of him, he'll do. Whether it be to wash the dishes or fold the laundry, he'll do it. But, like I mentioned a few sentences ago, he messes it up and I have to do it all over again, lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Brickhouse95
by on Nov. 23, 2010 at 1:40 AM

No...but many because he does not treat me in a way that I would be willing to do all that.  I take care of things in the home when I can but I expect him to do a lot.  Since I have several illness (one he knew about before we got married) he knew what he was getting into although he never really respected that until recent years.

Holly.
by on Nov. 23, 2010 at 2:51 AM

I am all of that except that my husband prefers to cook, and I don't like cooking. But if he didn't want to cook, I would - it is not his job. His job is what pays for the food.

ShannaBee
by on Nov. 23, 2010 at 6:32 AM
Yes that's me to a T. I prefer DH not do housework as he does not clean to my specifics but I do ask for a hand time to time. All I ask of him is to clean up after himself and take care of his son.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Neverstops
by on Nov. 23, 2010 at 7:04 AM

I do all of the things you said, cook, clean, take care of the kids, but I don't agree that its not his job to help.  These are his kids too so I think it is his job to help.  He doesn't clean much or cook often, but he does help with homework and baths and stuff.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN