Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Are you a TRADITIONAL woman?

Posted by   + Show Post

Meaning: do you cook, clean, and take care of the kids and not REALLY think it's HIS JOB to help you. Especially if you are a SAHM and he works full time, do you still take care of him when he gets home? Are you traditional woman?

by on Nov. 22, 2010 at 10:20 PM
Replies (21-27):
Sophie4910
by on Nov. 24, 2010 at 5:44 PM
Yes. I do all the cooking and cleaning and take care of the baby. If he is off on weekends I think he can help pick up but he rarely does.
heather18324
by on Nov. 24, 2010 at 10:07 PM

Quoting kjbugsmom1517:

in the sense that you described i mostly am yes... i do expect him to help with the kids when hes home on his days off.... but i rarely voice it... i just hope i guess lol... as for the rest i dont expect much of anything

That's exactly like me:)

isabellalecour
by on Nov. 24, 2010 at 10:21 PM

Heck no, I'm not a traditional woman. Currently still a SAHM but when he's home he should be father not the lump sitting in the computer chair. I may clean and cook and watch the kids but I did not want nor expect parenting to be job 100%. He get's his half hour to an hour decompression time after work. After that I do expect; but am constantly disappointed, him to pitch in and entertain the kids, feed and change when necessary. As to other house chores, it's his laundry, he deals with it. I'm not his mother. The most I do for him is make coffee in the evenings. I'm doing everything else or it just doesn't get done. 

BMW0508
by on Nov. 25, 2010 at 7:23 AM

I try to be. I don't keep a spotless house and when he gets up and does something, I get mad. lol. I think he should take care of the yard and do the handyman things but other than that I try to let him relax. He works nights so he's asleep a lot while he's home.

Shymama3
by on Nov. 25, 2010 at 8:07 PM

No, I believe in equal treatment so I guess you could call me a feminist.  We both work full time and I now make 1/2 of our income.

I do believe that there are chores and jobs that each of us like to do that fall within our gender lines and I'm okay with that.  For instance, I like to do dishes, laundry, general house cleaning.  He likes to do the lawn, car maintenance and house fixing stuff.  I take care of him and he takes care of me.  We aren't perfect, we sometimes fight to be "the boss" but it balances out mostly.  He does appear to be the more dominant one though.  It's not always a battle I wish to fight.

MrsHubler
by on Nov. 25, 2010 at 8:40 PM

You both sound so much like me!  It is great to see others who believe and live the way that I am and are TOTALLY fine with it =]

Quoting orange4agua72:

You sound a LOT like me. It took me a while to realise, but even though I am in school full time and a SAHM I STILL do everything "I should" as a woman and I'm COMPLETELY fine with that. Some women think that's weird, but I REALLY know how much it means to my husband that I repsect him enough to do things for him even when he's not doing a TON at home for me! He works HARD and he's an AMAZING husband and I don't mind ONE bit doing EVERYTHING for him if that's what he'd like. (Although that's NOT at ALL how it is...)

Quoting MommaForever007:

I am :-) I am GREATLY appreciative of my husband and how hard he works so that I can be a stay at home mom.  When he gets home, if all he does is play with the baby and (when I request) clear and set the table, that's good with me.  I'd much rather it be this way than me go to work and leave Spencer at a day care.  I'm not perfect and I don't keep the house 100% clean or cook fancy meals every day, but my husband is super patient with me and understands that I don't enjoy working 100% of the time, that sometimes I like to play with Spencer or take a litte me time.  How can I get mad at him for relaxing when he's at home when he does so much for me?

MommyLowry
by on Nov. 30, 2010 at 1:53 PM

I am to an extent. I cook, clean, take care of the kids & him... but I do expect help, especially because I'm pregnant & exhausted ALL THE TIME.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN