Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

What are your Thanksgiving plans?

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2010 at 10:38 PM
  • 7 Replies

What are you doing for Thanksgiving this year?

by on Nov. 22, 2010 at 10:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
jbjb1024
by on Nov. 22, 2010 at 10:49 PM
This past Saturday was our first Thanksgiving dinner this year. It was with DH's mom, step dad, brothers (and their wives/gf), sister, nephews. Small but nice. Thursday we will be with DH dad and his gf. Saturday we will be with DH aunt and uncle. This year we did not go to michigan for thanksgiving.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
orange4agua72
by on Nov. 22, 2010 at 10:52 PM

My aunt's house for lunch on Thanksgiving, our hosue for dinner on Thanksgiving, then Saturday lunch at hubby's grandma's house.

I CAN NOT WAIT!!!

jenbscott
by on Nov. 23, 2010 at 12:33 AM
MIL's house =( I'd much rather be at home just me and dh and my kids! Both my sil and me(we're both mil's daughter's in-law) gave her $200 to buy all the food. She said she wanted to do everything! Mil also said that her daughter(sil) gave money too but I bet she didn't.

So basically, MIL wants to do all the shopping and cooking by HERSELF. I told dh fine, but when we get there on Thursday, don't expect me to lift a FINGER except to put the food that I bought in my mouth! I mean, come on now, buying groceries and cooking is part of the holiday fun. Well, to me it is! I just let it go and let her have it her way. Dh says it seems to be keeping her occupied and not focus on fil(who just part).

Oops, sorry I rambled. Anywho, I cannot wait to EAT! So much for losing the baby weight...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenbscott
by on Nov. 23, 2010 at 12:34 AM
I meant to say *just past*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ArmyWifey1981
by on Nov. 23, 2010 at 12:36 AM

I would normally fly out to see my parents, but since I'm due a few days after Thanksgiving, that definitely won't be happening. Instead, I'm having Thanksgiving at my friend's house. We're all away from our families and she's just a week behind me in pregnancy, so as long as neither of us are in labor that day, the husband and I will be having Thanksgiving with her and her husband.

CafeMom Tickers
jenbscott
by on Nov. 23, 2010 at 12:48 AM

Congratulations on your baby! keep us posted!

Quoting ArmyWifey1981:

I would normally fly out to see my parents, but since I'm due a few days after Thanksgiving, that definitely won't be happening. Instead, I'm having Thanksgiving at my friend's house. We're all away from our families and she's just a week behind me in pregnancy, so as long as neither of us are in labor that day, the husband and I will be having Thanksgiving with her and her husband.

sweetiepye2004
by on Nov. 23, 2010 at 12:56 PM

Going to MIL from 11-1:30, then headed to my parents for dinner at 3.  (It seriously would be great if MIL would compromise and do it like the wkend before!!!)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN