Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Money

Posted by on Nov. 23, 2010 at 12:57 AM
  • 5 Replies

Does this buy respect?

What about when it comes to dating? Do you think your family will treat who you are dating or are married too with more respect if he was financially wealthy?

by on Nov. 23, 2010 at 12:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Holly.
by on Nov. 23, 2010 at 3:38 AM

Um, nope. We are really struggling financially, so I'm definitely not with DH for the money! But I couldn't imagine being with someone else.

I'm sure that for some people, money is everything. But while I really wish we could afford the things we want and need... it's not everything for me. Our relationship and our child is what is most important.

ShannaBee
by on Nov. 23, 2010 at 6:16 AM
Money means nothing to me. I married a man, not a pocketbook. Sure we've struggled financially but I'd rather be broke and happy than rich and miserable with someone who made more money. My whole life my grandma has told me to aim for a doctor or lawyer and I know she was disappointed at my choice in a husband at first but I told her money and material things are not love.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenbscott
by on Nov. 23, 2010 at 11:41 AM
If money bought respect then my husband and I have ZERO! Lol

Right now, were poor and happy =) lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
orange4agua72
by on Nov. 23, 2010 at 11:55 AM

We've NEVER had LOTS of money, nor would I even THINK of ever being with a man for his money!

kjbugsmom1517
by Bronze Member on Nov. 23, 2010 at 12:05 PM
Oh my gosh! If it did we too have nothing! We were so broke when we got married and are climbing up but man! Long road a coming!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)