Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Marriage and Babies

Posted by on Nov. 23, 2010 at 9:04 AM
  • 11 Replies
Did you jump start your family before marriage (have kids with hubby before ya'll tied the knot)? Did you wait til after marriage? Did either of you bring kids with you into the marriage from previous relationships?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 23, 2010 at 9:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
orange4agua72
by on Nov. 23, 2010 at 9:11 AM

I had 3 kiddos before hubby and I got together (technically we were together a year before for about 6mo, and I had 2 kids then).

I got pregnant not even a month after we got back together. Then we got married and I got pregnant again like 2 months after that.

So, I have one child concieved and born while being married out of the 5 of them!

kybella
by on Nov. 23, 2010 at 9:13 AM

We waited until we were married to start having kids.  Actually we waited until I was almost finished with nursing school before we started trying to get pregnant.

Char.965
by on Nov. 23, 2010 at 9:28 AM

We had been married 5 years before we had kids.

jenbscott
by on Nov. 23, 2010 at 11:51 AM

We got married when our first son was two months old. We had always planned on getting married anyway. We would have waited a litte longer but mil sort of pushed us. She has a way of getting her way. Luckily, even though we were pushed to get maried, it works for us =)

Jezzeria
by on Nov. 23, 2010 at 11:58 AM
We got pregnant before we got married. But she was just the push we needed to do it. We'd been engaged for 3 years by the time we got pregnant lol.
LovelyMother88
by on Nov. 23, 2010 at 12:04 PM

Our son was 15 months old when we got married. We both wanted our dream wedding so we waited until we could afford it. We payed for it ourselves, and it was worth the wait!

Mamitamaria
by Member on Dec. 1, 2010 at 4:46 PM

I had dd#1 before I was married. I was pregnant with dd#2 when I got married the first time (not the father of dd#1). DD#3 and #4 come from my now dh (I was pregnant with dd#4 when we got married).

Quoting ShannaBee:

Did you jump start your family before marriage (have kids with hubby before ya'll tied the knot)? Did you wait til after marriage? Did either of you bring kids with you into the marriage from previous relationships?

Maria--wife to Marc since '03.  Mom to Isabel '96; Joanne '98; Marina '02; and Luisa '04.

Owner-Pregnant Brides  Were you pregnant when you tied the knot? Come share your experiences. Will you be pregnant when you get married? Come learn from our stories.

soontobemommy22
by Member on Dec. 1, 2010 at 4:52 PM

I was 10 weeks pregnant o my wedding date we had the wedding planned everything set 3 weels before we got marrid I found out I was pregnant now she is 2 and we have another baby he is 9 months old

markjenjjmm
by Member on Dec. 1, 2010 at 4:56 PM

I was married before I had all 4 of mine.  Married for a year to exhubby before #1 then #2 and married to dh for 16 months before #3 and then #4. 

mzangie83
by on Dec. 1, 2010 at 6:05 PM

well I had a son from a previous relationship, he was 10 months when me and my husband starting dating. But in any case, we had 2 boys before we decided to get married, and had another boy after that and a bby girl on the way.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)