Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

How soon is too soon?

Posted by on Nov. 23, 2010 at 10:57 AM
  • 8 Replies

Ok ladies, what are your thoughts on a couple marrying after only 6 months of knowing one another?

by on Nov. 23, 2010 at 10:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
orange4agua72
by on Nov. 23, 2010 at 11:01 AM

I think if you are mature enough, it's COMPLETELY fine!

However, I think lots of times people RUSh into it and are not mature enough to really KNOW what they are getting themselves in to!

kathyartist2007
by on Nov. 23, 2010 at 11:11 AM

For me, that would have been too soon. In my opinion, most couples go through a huge infatuation period that lasts around 5 to 6 months. Then if you make it past that, you spend some time getting to know the real person. For me, at least 1 to 2 years is a good amount of time for that. 

a.mariemomto3
by on Nov. 23, 2010 at 11:18 AM

You are so right. Sometimes ppl do rush and don't really take the time out to truly get to know one another before getting married. I know of a few couples who got married rather quickly and for the few that I do know of, only one of them ended just as soon as it began. So I guess it just depends on how bad you want the marriage and how bad you want to make it work.

a.mariemomto3
by on Nov. 23, 2010 at 11:41 AM
But you know.. two ppl can have known each other their whole lives and still not really know each other. I know of couples like that as well. But I understand that you said, 1 to 2 yrs to get to know one another, In your opinion. quote name="kathyartist2007" id="0"]

For me, that would have been too soon. In my opinion, most couples go through a huge infatuation period that lasts around 5 to 6 months. Then if you make it past that, you spend some time getting to know the real person. For me, at least 1 to 2 years is a good amount of time for that. 

[/quote]
debduran
by on Nov. 23, 2010 at 11:42 AM

Me and my husband did we have been married going on 5 yrs now

Jezzeria
by on Nov. 23, 2010 at 11:47 AM
I think its ok. If you really feel its right. Just be prepared for when the 'honeymoon' phase fades to be able to handle and workout any struggles you two may encounter.
jenbscott
by on Nov. 23, 2010 at 11:48 AM

I don't think it's enough time to get to know your mate. But then again, you never really get to know him until you're married.

a.mariemomto3
by on Nov. 23, 2010 at 11:48 AM
I know it probably didn't matter, (at least not to you and your hubby) but did you two have ppl more for the marriage or against because they thought it was to soon?
Quoting debduran:

Me and my husband did we have been married going on 5 yrs now

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN