Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Housewives/SAHM and Christmas

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2010 at 5:57 PM
  • 9 Replies
I don't have a job for a couple different reasons, the major one is we have one car so if I had a job then I'd never have a way to work. I want to get my husband something for Christmas but feel weird buying him a gift with his own money. What do you SAHM and housewives do for hubby for the holidays?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 26, 2010 at 5:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ShannaBee
by Platinum Member on Nov. 26, 2010 at 6:11 PM
I'm thinking of building him a gun cabinat with the help of my grandpa. I think that would be original.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kjbugsmom1517
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2010 at 7:59 PM
I get my husband things he needs like socks underwear and tshirts. Then I get him something he can use. Last year I got him a grilling. Digial thermometer. Sad thing is he's never used it lol I use it in the kitchen all the time. Dunno what ill do this year since he just got a 60 dollar game.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShannaBee
by Platinum Member on Nov. 26, 2010 at 8:29 PM
That's my husband's deal. If he wants something he buys it. He doesn't wait around! I just don't know what to get a guy who has pretty much everything he wants.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShannaBee
by Platinum Member on Nov. 26, 2010 at 8:31 PM
Ladies with no jobs: do you find a way to earn some money around the holidays? Do you use hubby's money to get him a gift? This is my first year unemployed and I have no income to get DH anything. I raised up 25 dollars.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenbscott
by on Nov. 26, 2010 at 9:23 PM
I've been a sahm for over six years. And yes, I use dh's money to get him a present, lol. I know it sounds tacky but, it's really not actually. I balance all our books and I usually put his gift on our best buy credit card. Lol

I always joke about it. "So, papa...what would YOU like to get you this christmas?" Haha

Plus it's OUR money. I work just as hard (at home) to earn that money ;)

And, if you don't get him anything, I'm sure he'll understand. How about a homemade coupon book that has different "services" from you that he can redeem? I did that one year and he LOVED all the "coupons" that he ran through that book in less than a month, lol. As a matter of fact, he asked me just the other day when he was gonna get another book, lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShannaBee
by Platinum Member on Nov. 26, 2010 at 11:50 PM
Lol that is a cute idea!

Quoting jenbscott:

I've been a sahm for over six years. And yes, I use dh's money to get him a present, lol. I know it sounds tacky but, it's really not actually. I balance all our books and I usually put his gift on our best buy credit card. Lol

I always joke about it. "So, papa...what would YOU like to get you this christmas?" Haha

And, if you don't get him anything, I'm sure he'll understand. How about a homemade coupon book that has different "services" from you that he can redeem? I did that one year and he LOVED all the "coupons" that he ran through that book in less than a month, lol. As a matter of fact, he asked me just the other day when he was gonna get another book, lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oahoah
by Member on Nov. 29, 2010 at 12:16 PM

I've been a SAHM for 6 years and yes, I do use "his" money to buy him presents. I know he earns it but I feel I have a right to some of it as well.   I usually use my credit card and then the bill comes next month.  But I really like your idea of a gun cabinet.  My DH usually buys his own stuff throughout the year and so there isn't much left to buy him at Christmas. This year we are on a tighter budget so I'll probably just get him a big coffee mug since I broke his favorite a little while back and some fresh beans for grinding and some snacks to take to work.

Jenn3307
by on Nov. 29, 2010 at 2:25 PM

Quoting jenbscott:

soo true.. the way i feel is when you get married its Ya'lls money.. not his or yours.. ya'lls together...  :)) I love your joke by the way made me laugh.. me and my hubs joke about the same thing..

Holly.
by on Nov. 29, 2010 at 4:40 PM

Well, we both see the money he earns as OUR money, not just his. I don't spend it without permission, but I do buy him gifts with his own money (just like he buys me gifts).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)