Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

What is the best thing about you and your significant other?

SlightlyPerfect
I just don't understand why some people choose to live in filth.
Yesterday at 9:27 AM
Posted by on Nov. 27, 2010 at 7:59 PM
  • 12 Replies

As a couple, what is the best thing about you two together? What are you most proud of (aside from kids)?

by on Nov. 27, 2010 at 7:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ShannaBee
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2010 at 8:08 PM
Our ability to communicate and be understanding of one another.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jevnegrl
by on Nov. 27, 2010 at 8:26 PM

we talk things out right away. The good, bad, and the ugly. We never really go to bed mad because we confront situations pretty quickly. It usually ends up being a misunderstanding of what we thought the other person was thinking. 

SlightlyPerfect
by Slightly Perfect on Nov. 27, 2010 at 9:07 PM

That's awesome, ladies! Communication is key.

But what about accomplishments? Like, what have you two managed to do together as a team that makes you really proud?

Eveysmom08
by on Nov. 27, 2010 at 9:17 PM

My husband I have had many down moments, like my husband going back to school, trying to make it day to day finacially, having a baby 2 months premature, and dealing with his family not accepting me. All in all I feel like we are a good team no matter what. We may not always agree on everything, but the thing i am proud of most is the fact no matter what the sitution is he and I are willing to always figure out a soultion together and keep the love we have for one another strong.

SlightlyPerfect
by Slightly Perfect on Nov. 27, 2010 at 9:47 PM

Exactly.

I am most proud of the fact that, throughout our entire relationship. whatever we have put our minds to--in order to accomplish something together--we just can't fail. Whether it's money or jobs or moving or having a child or sex or selling a house or buying a house or figuring out what's for dinner or who should feed the cat or what we should do tonight, it's that synchronicity and our ability to think critically that are so valuable to me. I would be lost without that. From the mundane to the life-changing, he has it all. And so do I.

I have been in awe of watching his evolution as a person, from when we met to where we are now. It is a stunning transformation. And he says the same of me. And isn't that what it's all about? Pride in your significant other?

I am convinced that the person one chooses to have sex with speaks volumes of one's values. I, for one, am proud of my values. And it sounds like you are, too!

Quoting Eveysmom08:

My husband I have had many down moments, like my husband going back to school, trying to make it day to day finacially, having a baby 2 months premature, and dealing with his family not accepting me. All in all I feel like we are a good team no matter what. We may not always agree on everything, but the thing i am proud of most is the fact no matter what the sitution is he and I are willing to always figure out a soultion together and keep the love we have for one another strong.

jazi1105
by Jazi :) on Nov. 28, 2010 at 10:50 AM

We just get each other...I can't really explain it. We always seem to be the odd ones out in social situations, bc nobody really gets us...I guess it's bc we have minds of our own and don't conform to please others lol

LovelyMother88
by on Nov. 28, 2010 at 10:53 AM

We are polar opposites. He helps me to not get taken advantage of when trying to help people and to not always be so trusting. And I show him his softer side and help remind him when it's okay to reach out to people and that there are still good people worth trusting. 

Oh, I am proud that we have accomplished such a great life together already at our young ages.

EireLass
by on Nov. 28, 2010 at 11:53 AM

We don't have kids together. Probably just how we are to each other, and with each other. We sort of put each other on a pedistal.

ShannaBee
by Platinum Member on Nov. 28, 2010 at 12:28 PM
Our greatest accomplishment would be getting pregnant. Also, we have weathered through tough times that may break a weaker couple. His ex tried to break us up and one of his female friends tried to break us up. They said I wouldn't last. It just made us stronger and we got married anyway. We don't let others get us down. Our accomplishment is being united.

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

That's awesome, ladies! Communication is key.

But what about accomplishments? Like, what have you two managed to do together as a team that makes you really proud?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EddiesGirl8400
by on Nov. 28, 2010 at 12:33 PM
We have made it thru a miscarriage that was a miracle in itself since I had a tubal ligation. Mental illness, many surgeries on both parts. The military. Parents illnesses.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)