Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

self conscious

Posted by on Nov. 28, 2010 at 11:14 AM
  • 20 Replies
So...yeah...that's me =(

Having four BIG babies took a toll on my poor belly. To give you an idea, my smallest baby was 9lbs 9oz.

I loved everything about pregnancy, loved everything about giving birth, and I love being a mother. But lately when I look in the mirror, I'm just...gah. I have a lot of skin the lost its elasticity so it won't bounce back even with excercise=(

Dh says he doesn't care because he knows why it looks the way it does "because you gave me my four beautiful children". <3

Sometimes, I think about getting a tummy tuck...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 28, 2010 at 11:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
theycallmemom4
by on Nov. 28, 2010 at 11:20 AM

Oh hun, I'm right there with you. My children are considered big because of when I had them. My oldest was 8 lbs but is my only term baby. The other three were 6lbs 9oz, 7lbs 2 oz and 7 lbs 10oz but they were all 4 weeks premature or more. Anyway, I carried my boys low in my hips and have the baby belly there and then my girls I carried high in my ribs and have a baby belly from that. I told DH that I was thinking of getting a tummy tuck and he said the same thing your DH said. I gave him four beautiful children and my body shows that I carried them, so to him, it's sexy. It could also be that after our oldest, the doctors said I couldn't have any more kids (hormones and other issues). So, since we were able to have 3 more, DH doesn't care, he has the family he's always wanted.

Anyway, lol that got long, but I know how you feel. Just try to keep reminding yourself that your DH loves you for you...That's what I try to do.

lovelyfox_21
by on Nov. 28, 2010 at 12:29 PM
i want one too...i had two kids but i did a bad no no when my tummy was stretching i did not rub any of that cream on my stomach to keep from getting bad stretch marks...my tummy looks like a dirt road map of AZ...lol.i am going to get one because it will make me feel better and give me back my smooth stomach i had.i think u should get a tummy tuck so that u wont b self conscious.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShannaBee
by Platinum Member on Nov. 28, 2010 at 12:35 PM
I am getting self conscious. I'm scared I won't be able to lose the weight and I'm scared of the changes. I'm scared after she's born DH won't be attracted to me anymore. My face is getting fatter and so are my arms and legs not to mention belly. I feel like a whale. I wish I could afford plastic surgery!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kybella
by on Nov. 28, 2010 at 1:38 PM
I'm with you mommas. I've got stretch marks EVERYWHERE from my first pregnancy and then after having the twins, well, my abs will never be the same. I know DH loves me the way I am, but I don't like what I see in the mirror. The worst part is I like to exercise and am really having a hard time fitting it into my schedule. This doesn't make me feel any better. UGH!!!!!
KatieJo81
by on Nov. 28, 2010 at 3:20 PM
Wow I'm so glad I'm not alone in this. With my first 2 pregnancies I was 19 & 20 when I had them and my body bounced back pretty good. I had a figure rather than a bean poll. I was pleasantly happy. It didn't make a difference to the ex, he was still a dog. With the last 2 its been an entirely different story. I lost my twins at 20 weeks gestation (ultrasound missed that I had twins, my doctor fired the ultrasound tech on the spot) then I got pregnant right away with Lilly. Two pregnancies back to back has taken my tummy away & it doesn't matter how much I exercise it won't take away that saggy skin. My hubby loves my body though. He doesn't like me exercising since he's afraid I'll lose my curves. I told him is I do, I'll let him buy me some new ones. LMBO =)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShannaBee
by Platinum Member on Nov. 28, 2010 at 3:29 PM
Same with my DH he loves my curves. Before getting pregnant I began exercising because I gained weight after marriage. He told me to leave my boobs and butt alone. The butt is one I want to lose!!!

Quoting KatieJo81:

Wow I'm so glad I'm not alone in this. With my first 2 pregnancies I was 19 & 20 when I had them and my body bounced back pretty good. I had a figure rather than a bean poll. I was pleasantly happy. It didn't make a difference to the ex, he was still a dog. With the last 2 its been an entirely different story. I lost my twins at 20 weeks gestation (ultrasound missed that I had twins, my doctor fired the ultrasound tech on the spot) then I got pregnant right away with Lilly. Two pregnancies back to back has taken my tummy away & it doesn't matter how much I exercise it won't take away that saggy skin. My hubby loves my body though. He doesn't like me exercising since he's afraid I'll lose my curves. I told him is I do, I'll let him buy me some new ones. LMBO =)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jevnegrl
by on Nov. 28, 2010 at 3:48 PM

I feel the same after my four children. My body hasn't been the same since my second pregnancy, which was twins. I have such yucky extra skin and no matter how thin i get its gross and saggy. Im totally getting a tummy tuck. For myself cuz this is MY body. my honey says don't touch the boobs but i can touch the stomach. SEE? it must be bad. haha

GabeNHannahsMom
by on Nov. 28, 2010 at 4:18 PM
Right there Mommas. I want one too. Hubby says I'm sexy and my belly is so soft and that my stretch marks don't bother him he likes them, but I wanna feel good about me too and feel that I'm sexy enough for him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TurboMom81
Loving all the new additions on Netflix
Today at 1:07 AM
by Bronze Member on Nov. 28, 2010 at 6:41 PM

My husband is paying for me to get a tummy tuck when I reach my goal weight!  Only 27 more pounds to go!

JaivonsMommy
by on Nov. 28, 2010 at 6:48 PM
I'm right there with you hun. I had two huge babies as well and gained 100 lbs with each pregnancy. Im not fat, I love my thick thighs n booty but my belly is huge, jelly like, and very embarassing . Like you, exercise doesn't do much. I lose the weight everywhere but my belly. There is not a day I don't think about my fat gut. I would love for a tummy tuck but no funds and I don't have enough time to take off work. My so says its doesn't bother him but I would love to feel more confident for him. I'm always hiding my belly. It's horrible!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)