Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Polygamy

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2010 at 8:30 AM
  • 27 Replies

Has anyone watched the series Sister Wives?

What do you think of that situation?

I'm having some serious issues with sharing a man like that.....or maybe I'm missing the point of polygamy.

by on Nov. 30, 2010 at 8:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommas3cubs
by on Nov. 30, 2010 at 8:32 AM

I watched the first couple of episodes then I stopped.

I think, whatever CONSENTING ADULTS want to do in their marriage/relationship is their buisness not mine. Not something I would do but whatever floats their boat.

Eveysmom08
by on Nov. 30, 2010 at 8:38 AM

Yes I watched the series. I would never want to be in that type of situition. I could never share my husband with anyone else. I thought the show was intresting and if they are happy with it then I guess it is ok. I think honestly there are alot of problems with jealousy with all of them and I am not sure what will happen, but I probably keep watching to find out.

Strega
by on Nov. 30, 2010 at 8:40 AM

I love the show, personally. It's a guilty pleasure of mine. I do feel the same way, though. Never something I'd do.

Quoting mommas3cubs:

I think, whatever CONSENTING ADULTS want to do in their marriage/relationship is their buisness not mine. Not something I would do but whatever floats their boat.

wedding website

ShannaBee
by on Nov. 30, 2010 at 12:21 PM
I don't share. Enough said. I couldn't do it but to each their own, I find it rather crazy. Imagine the child support/alimony if they split up!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kybella
by on Nov. 30, 2010 at 1:46 PM

Quoting ShannaBee:

I don't share. Enough said. I couldn't do it but to each their own, I find it rather crazy. Imagine the child support/alimony if they split up!

I wonder what will happen if he is charged and convicted!  I've heard the government is after him and there could be jail time?!

Holly.
by on Dec. 2, 2010 at 10:59 PM

We are polyamorous but we are not looking for a third partner at the moment. For us, it's not about "sharing" your partner, it's about knowing that you can be truly in love with more than one person at the same time. And it is our opinion that love should be embraced if it is reciprocated. :)

ShannaBee
by on Dec. 2, 2010 at 11:53 PM
If the man thinks he can have multiple "wives", then how does he feel if a wife takes another lover or husband?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Holly.
by on Dec. 2, 2010 at 11:55 PM

Actually, real (not religion-sanctioned) polyamory is not simply the man having other wives.

While we are not looking at the moment, I would love to have a wife myself - DH and I would like to find someone we can both love. I personally am not interested in another man, but DH would not be against the idea (we have discussed this a lot).

Quoting ShannaBee:

If the man thinks he can have multiple "wives", then how does he feel if a wife takes another lover or husband?

jenbscott
by on Dec. 3, 2010 at 12:50 AM
So, will the third person be shared by the both of you? Like a threesome(sorry for my choice of words, I don't know how else to explain it)... For example, the third person would be both his partner and you partner...

I hope that made sense, lol.

Quoting Holly.:

Actually, real (not religion-sanctioned) polyamory is not simply the man having other wives.

While we are not looking at the moment, I would love to have a wife myself - DH and I would like to find someone we can both love. I personally am not interested in another man, but DH would not be against the idea (we have discussed this a lot).

Quoting ShannaBee:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ILoveCade
by on Dec. 3, 2010 at 1:03 AM

Yes I have watched it and I like the show, I am a reality tv junkie, I like pretty much everything, lol.  I think it is their life, and they can do what they want.  I wouldn't do it, but that is just me.  I also wouldn't marry another women, but I don't care if someone else does.  It isn't hurting me at all. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN