Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Engagement

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2010 at 12:33 PM
  • 9 Replies
How long was your engagement? How long after dating did you get engaged?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 30, 2010 at 12:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
hilesmom
by on Nov. 30, 2010 at 12:43 PM

My husband and I were engaged in September of 09 and married June 10. :) We got engaged after 8 months of dating. We both knew right away that we wanted to spend forever together and have a family. We both continually adore each other each day and I still have the BIGGEST crush on him. He makes me feel like a school girl!! :)

EireLass
by on Nov. 30, 2010 at 1:04 PM

Less than a year after dating we got engaged. Still..........(3 years?)......not married yet. My first marriage we dated 1 year, engaged for the following year.

kybella
by on Nov. 30, 2010 at 2:04 PM

DH and I were engaged 3 months after meeting and married about 13 months later.  My parents about flipped...."you've only known him for three months!!!".  But 14 years later....we're still going strong!

babycookiesmom
by on Nov. 30, 2010 at 2:50 PM
We dated 2 years before being engaged, got married 7 months later and have been married 3 years, together like 5 1/2 yrs. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.B_2010
by on Nov. 30, 2010 at 3:13 PM

We knew right away we were supposed to be together.. I know it sounds corny and stupid.. But we did.. We were going to wait until his deployment to be married when he got back.. But a few months in, we found out my eggo was preggo lol. Apparently some anti-biotics shouldn't be used with bc.. So we got married in july and had our baby in Sept. Its been crazy and fast, but our family has never been happier.. AND he didn't have to deploy this year!

Char.965
by on Nov. 30, 2010 at 3:23 PM

We met in 84. I moved in with him in 86, in 88 he finally asked me to marry him and we were married in 89. So we were together 5 years before we got married. Pretty much since we met we have been inseperable. We both feel even after all the years incomplete when we aren't able to be together.

jenbscott
by on Nov. 30, 2010 at 3:58 PM
We got engaged on New Years Eve and then got married Jan 9. We got married in our old apartment.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShannaBee
by on Nov. 30, 2010 at 4:04 PM

DH and I got engaged a month after reconciling and had a  year long engagement. Some thought we moved too fast but we are still happy and in a puppy love phase.

kathyartist2007
by on Nov. 30, 2010 at 4:10 PM

We dated for 2 years and 3 months. Then we got married 5 months after getting engaged.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN