Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Need help xmas for the hubby

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2010 at 3:52 PM
  • 6 Replies
what are yall getting ur hubbies or SO for xmas? i know mine wants hunting stuff and theres 2 movies but im still conflicted heres why: so if i get the hunting stuff or movies for that matter 1) he knows what he will be getting and whats the fun in that? 2) he wont even be able to use the hunting stuff this yr bc we cant afford the permits and stuff, so then 3) he would have an xmas gift he cant even enjoy for a yr. what would yall do, and as far as hobbies go for more ideas he doesnt have any (we just moved to ky from alaska ) Please any ideas or suggestions would be helpful
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 30, 2010 at 3:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ShannaBee
by on Nov. 30, 2010 at 4:11 PM

Because of complications with DH's job, we have decided not to do Christmas for each other. If we can spare it, we'll get a cheap gift or two for my SS but things are bad all of a sudden. I thought of making him something.

jenbscott
by on Nov. 30, 2010 at 4:26 PM

Sometimes my hubby knows what I'm getting him. We don't worry too much with the surprise factor too much anymore(although it is a plus!) especially when money is tight.

With the movies, you can watch them anytime. And as far as the hunting gear, at least when  he CAN afford the permits, he won't have to worry about buying the stuff because you've already bought it for him =)

haymama
by Member on Nov. 30, 2010 at 5:54 PM
yea i just wish there was something i could get him he could enjoy now besides the 2 movies, he hardly ever gets to actually watch a movie. i know im making this harder than it has to be just we dont usually get to get each other gifts and wanted to make this yr special for him
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
haymama
by Member on Dec. 1, 2010 at 11:37 AM

BUMP!

kathyartist2007
by on Dec. 1, 2010 at 11:52 AM

This will be the 4th Christmas we have had together. Since I'm an artist, I've always made something creative for him like a painting, ceramics or a book of sketches and photos of a trip. I would suggest getting a nice photo album and putting pictures from the year in there with some little notes or drawings in there. Very personal and doesn't cost a lot. Plus it will be memories for you two years from now. I'm planning on doing that with photos of our trips we took this year.

haymama
by Member on Dec. 1, 2010 at 12:05 PM
aww thats sweet but a lil problem for me since he was deployed most of the yr and then we were moving so not really any pics, but thats definitely an idea for another gifting holiday
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN