Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

How old?

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2010 at 12:51 PM
  • 8 Replies

How old were your children when you started letting them bathe completely on their own (everything, from running the water, washing, turning off the water, and drying)?

I ask because my husband says that I am babying our son.

by on Dec. 1, 2010 at 12:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
angelbaby1323
by on Dec. 1, 2010 at 12:55 PM

i was about 9 when my mom let me bath on my own, i think it depends on the child to be honest with you, i wont let mine do it until i know they are safe enough

lanasmom7203
by on Dec. 1, 2010 at 12:55 PM

my daughter hasnt bathed in 2 years she likes to take showers instead and she has been doing it since she was like 5 and a half and shes 7 now i just have to ck her hair and make sure all condtioner is out she tends to leave some in lol

mzangie83
by on Dec. 1, 2010 at 1:48 PM

As far as letting them run there own water and drying off, I still do that. But I let my boys bathe by them selves since 2 1/2 years old, there 3,4 and 7 now..but I usually have the 3 yr old and 4yr bath together  so they can keep an eye on each other..I check on them..when they ready to get out they let me know..then again they like playin in water...

Lilypie Maternity tickers

jenbscott
by on Dec. 1, 2010 at 1:52 PM

My son just turned six last month and he takes a shower by himself. The only thing I do is turn the shower on because our water heater hasn't been set and the water can get piping hot.

Oh, and I also put soap on his sponge so that he doesn't waste it. Other than that, he does everything else.

One down and three more to go! LOL

ShannaBee
by Platinum Member on Dec. 1, 2010 at 2:04 PM
I run my SS's bath water but let him bathe himself and he is 4.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kathyartist2007
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2010 at 2:05 PM

I don't remember. But my 14 year old daughter still hates bathing or showering! Thank goodness she is on the swim team and swims everyday.

ikesmommy
by Member on Dec. 1, 2010 at 2:14 PM

Quoting kathyartist2007:

I don't remember. But my 14 year old daughter still hates bathing or showering! Thank goodness she is on the swim team and swims everyday.

I was the same way until I got interested in boys!

kjbugsmom1517
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2010 at 3:55 PM
My daughter is 5 and a half and she washes her body with bar soap and we wash her hair. She doesn't like showers so its baths for her. We run her water because our water gets super hot during its running so we have to check it before she gets in. To me this seems young to be runnin the water by herself. But that's me. I'd rather her be safe than get burned because I think she's big enough. I do make her dry herslef after I do her hair.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)