Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

What's the best and worst ... ?

Posted by on Dec. 2, 2010 at 10:35 AM
  • 3 Replies

What's the best and worst relationship advice you've ever received, and who gave it?

by on Dec. 2, 2010 at 10:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
psychicRaelene3
by on Dec. 2, 2010 at 11:03 AM

BEST:

The secret to a happy relationship is to fall in love over and over again---with the same person.

I heard it once :)

And.

"Never make anyone else a priority in your life, when they only make YOU an "option".

WORSt:

Change for him/her

Go to bed angry

"Let boys be boys"-ex mother in law >:(

"A man is allowed to cheat-but a women isn't allowed to question"--ex-mother in law (go figure) >:(

LightToTheDark
by on Dec. 2, 2010 at 12:27 PM

The Best advice was from our pastor.  Not to let your feelings rule your life.  You can feel one way but how you choose to react is different.  You have to follow what you know, and not how you feel.  You know you love one another, and not every day is going to be perfect.  Men can't read minds, and they don't get hints.  You have to tell them what you need, and want.  They are different from us. Love is not selfish, Love endures all things, and forgives and forgets.

ShannaBee
by on Dec. 2, 2010 at 12:37 PM
My uncle told me the most successful marriages include God and never exclude Him. He also said we should always be open and respectful with one another. The worst advice was to give him ultimatums such as wash the dishes or I'm leaving, the person telling me this basically said threaten him to make him do what I want.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)