Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MEn....I hate dating

Posted by on Dec. 2, 2010 at 1:50 PM
  • 9 Replies

Ok so I just hate dating at this point...Ive been on dates w some really nice guys that just werent right for me and Ive been on a couple of horrible dates lol. I know Ive made some poor decisions too!  I did date one man for several months that didnt work out bc the ex wanted to get back.

I went on a date with a guy last Friday after talking with him for about two weeks and lots of flirting. ALso for one week every morning we alternated he would send me a cute morning text or I would sendhim one)  It got to the point where it was like who was going to kiss who first when we saw each other lol.  So we went out to a bar to see a friends band and a couple of my friends were there we had fun it was great my friends liked him and he actually seems like a stand up guy (which is rare).  Unfortunately, booze got the better of me and we wound up at my place having sex. It was great and all and I do regret it bc that is really not me to have sex w someone on a first date or have one night stands. But in all honesty it did feel kind of right too.  SO we talk on the phone or on facebook chat.  Tuesday we went out to dinner which was very nice and joked that that should've been our first date.  When Im on FB I dont IM him first he IM's me and he always does.  I sent a cute morning text on Tues and he didnt respond although we went out that night... He didnt send anything yesterday or this morning and neither did I.

He seems interested, if we chat and I say call me later he does but I just feel like its getting kind of gamey.  I asked him if he wanted to go see the tree in NYC next Friday and first he said he's not sure yet (not sure what that meant) and then when we were chatting the other night I asked him again and I didnt get an answer.

I know a hint when I see one, but Im receiving mixed signals bc the same time he's ignoring that its talking about doing something else in the future...WTF.

LOL...advice...what should I do/say...is there something I should maybe say when we chat online tonight?

by on Dec. 2, 2010 at 1:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Ladybug8412
by on Dec. 2, 2010 at 1:54 PM

Anyone that confusing wouldn't be worth my time. 

lucky35
by on Dec. 2, 2010 at 1:58 PM

Just come out and ask him what's the problem.  do you think you guys are moving too fast or what.  its worse than high school.  these first impressions and then afterwards.  just be honest with your feelings and ask him.  and if he says things are going way too fast then you know.  it's hard out there after you've been married for so long.  but good luck and keep us posted

lovelyfox_21
by on Dec. 2, 2010 at 2:32 PM
sounds like he is killing time....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.B_2010
by on Dec. 2, 2010 at 2:35 PM

Sounds like he's talking to another girl too and isn't sure about her either.. I'd just ask him outright.. You guys are adults and should be able to ask direct questions and get direct answers.. If he gets defensive and mad. then there's your answer right there and dump him.

angelbaby1323
by on Dec. 2, 2010 at 2:36 PM

he might be scared that its moving too fast, just speak to him about it and see what happens

ShannaBee
by Platinum Member on Dec. 2, 2010 at 5:30 PM
I'm all for talking with him. I wouldn't settle. Keep dating and learn to have fun with it. The more you have confidence in yourself and in dating you attract more reasonable men. Crappy guys go after women with little confidence and women who are tired of being alone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenbscott
by on Dec. 2, 2010 at 9:43 PM
If he doesn't respond than don't make another move until he does. Let him feel that you like him but you don't NEED him. And just have fun and don't think much of anything right now. It'll cause you to overreact with him and that might scare him off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stephsmom05
by on Dec. 2, 2010 at 10:46 PM

OK so I did ask him and he wants to continue to date and see where it goes he doesnt want to jump into anything which I agreed bc Ive been down that road and being that I have a child Im real careful about who I date.... So we will see how it goes

leslieOli
by on Dec. 5, 2010 at 10:57 AM

Unless you are in Jr high, games are rediculous and it seems like he has many up his sleeve. Cut the strings, you don't have time for this, there are so many decent guys out there just waiting to find you.  Don't feel bad about the sex either, sounds like you had a good time, let it be that :) good luck, its crazy out there

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)