Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

rmarriage counceling

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:34 AM
  • 10 Replies

hey ladies i was wondering if any of you have been in couceling for marriage and if has worked or hasnt worked ! i dont mean to get personal i just am curious

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jazi1105
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:40 PM

I haven't, but here's a bump! :)

alisha34886
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:57 PM

I havn't been through marriage counseling.But my religion(methodist) requires me to to if I get married.O r at least my pastor told me this.They do say that couples who go through marriage counseling stay married longer.But if your talking about counseling while your still married then it may help.

LovelyMother88
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:34 PM

No, but If I would totally do it if I thought my marriage needed help. I would try EVERYTHING before I gave up.

ShannaBee
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 12:05 AM
I haven't but I do recommend it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
girllovescamo
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 12:09 AM
We are doing it now. We have only been to one session. I thought we should try everything before calling it total quits. Um, I think it does help. She was asking us questions about things I hadn't thought of. But prolly like everything else in life, you get out of it what ya put in . Gl
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenbscott
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 12:45 AM
Same here.

Quoting LovelyMother88:

No, but If I would totally do it if I thought my marriage needed help. I would try EVERYTHING before I gave up.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pst2
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 9:07 AM

I have been ang it helped with some things, but some of the major problems are still there. It takes both of you deciding that you're going to work on the solutions togather to make cousiling a success. In my case my SO has gone back on most of what he said he would do though I have worked on keeping my end of the agreements up. So in my case not completly successful. But if you need it get it and  really listen to what the other person is trying to say instead of getting defensive about it.

ScarlettP
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 12:08 PM

I do not want to discard counseling but I went through it with my ex husband and it failed but mainly because he didn't give a shit!  I think if you both want it then yes it will work, if one feels forced then you might as well break up.

angelbaby1323
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 12:16 PM

I haven't done it myself but me and my husband did have some problems but we just had really good friends to sit down and make us talk

Holly.
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 12:20 PM

We go to marriage counseling, and have since before we got married. It was great for us to hear the perspective of the counselor, learn to communicate with one another, etc. It has helped to ensure that our marriage, so far, is going wonderfully. We also like the fact that if we ever DO have problems, we already have a counselor who knows us well.

Anyway, I think marriage counseling is really awesome. I haven't heard anyone say they regretted it. For some, the relationship is just not salvageable and counseling doesn't help - but it never, EVER hurts as long as you're both willing to go in with an open mind. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)