Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you.....

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:37 PM
  • 15 Replies

Date a man who is on the Sex Offenders List?  Even if he says it's was for statutory rape when he was a teenager? The girl lied about her age.

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lanie_momofone
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:40 PM

Hell No! ( I have an 8 yr old).... i wouldnt let the scum near her, my home...or myself!

jenbscott
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:45 PM
Hard question. Because you said he was a teenager himself so I'm guessing it was consentual? If that was the case, then maybe. If he was on the list for molestation then that's a whole other story!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lanasmom7203
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:48 PM

it depends u know u can look that up and find out exactly what it was for i would need proof or something before i even thought about it!

lfrrll5
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:51 PM
I would need proof. I have friends in the criminal justice field so I would make a call before I did anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheEyeofLove

I know a few guys who have this same situation. Women run from they ass, once the find out that they are on SO list.

Quoting jenbscott:

Hard question. Because you said he was a teenager himself so I'm guessing it was consentual? If that was the case, then maybe. If he was on the list for molestation then that's a whole other story!!!

ShannaBee
Nope. I'm gonna have a little girl in a few months. If in a hypothetical situation DH and I weren't together I would never date someone on a sex offender registry. I wouldn't put my daughter in the lion's den no matter how much the lion claims he is a vegetarian.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Holly.
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:55 PM

I think it would depend entirely on the situation. The sex offender registry states the crime that the person committed and how old the person was. In that particular situation, I probably wouldn't have a problem with dating him.

Eveysmom08
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:58 PM

BUMP!

MommyLowry
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:06 PM

That is a seriously hard question to answer. Some people it truly was a mistake that they are on there for... some people were teens, some were drunk & didn't realize what was going on... there are all kinds of circumstances... guess it would just depend on the details of the event. And yes, I would want the details, no matter how hard they are to rehash.

Ladybug8412
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:12 PM

I have dated someone that was listed as a sex offender, but that was before I had kids.  Isn't it illegal for them to be around children or is that for certain offenses?  The guy I dated had nude pics of his girlfriend, and as soon as he turned 18 her parents pressed charges.  That will stay with him for the rest of his life!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)