Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is snooping really a bad thing in marriage??

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:51 PM
  • 13 Replies
In the past I've always found out the truth about my ex's by snooping. I'm married and I still snoop. I found out things about my husband that he never told me and things he's tried to hide from me. Some of them I confront him about and others I just keep to myself so he won't make a greater effort to cover them up. Is it bad what I'm doing??
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Conlee
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:53 PM

yes and no. if i found things out about my hubby i would ask in about everything not just some of it.

Brittany.Dann
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:55 PM
I am the same way. There are things I have not yet confronted him about that I have found.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kybella
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:37 PM

I'm not sure I would do that.  I think snooping says something about the level of trust in a relationship....just saying.  Now, if I was given a reason not to trust, then I might.  But to do it with no reason...sorry, I think that's sorta disrespectful.

Brickhouse95
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:08 PM

I say yes it is bad...I can think of better things to do with my time.  I also understand for some that is hard because of previous relationships.  You need to communicate that to your husband to be more open.  I know there are things my husband has not told me but I am aware he had a life before me and I do not want to know every detail in his life. Communication and trust is key to a marriage.  Best of luck to you.

Shymama3
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:19 PM

For me, it is bad.  Sometimes you can find things that make you believe something really bad but it is taken out of context.  Also, once you've seen it, there is no way to unsee it.  So unless you feel you would act on it, don't snoop or you'll be miserable!!

jenbscott
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:47 PM
Is say it's bad for me if I'm the one snooping because it means that I don't trust him. Its VERY hard to be in a relationship where I cant trust him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Char.965
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:00 PM

I would never do it unless my husband gave me reason to snoop. We have been married almost 22 years and I have never snooped on him. I trust him and that would put an end to that trust. He has a right to some privacy just like I have a right to some. I just couldn't do it!

alisha34886
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:01 PM

Yes and no.I have snooped in my then boyfriends phone and found out stuff about him.And yes I did confrot him as well.Somtimes it's bad to snoop but then there times you need too.Thats how I found out crap about him.Thank goodness he's my ex now.

LovelyMother88
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:29 PM

hmm I can't decide on yes or no. I think even married people are entitled to a little privacy, but then again some women would have never found out that their husbands were cheating assholes..so it's a toss up.

ShannaBee
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 12:08 AM
I snoop because sometimes he does things that affect my trust in him so I snoop to see if he's still doing what he isn't supposed to. One time I found out he was smoking after he told me he'd quit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)