Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage
"You have too many kids." I cannot stand it when people tell me this. Well whadda you want me to do? Get rid of a few of 'em?! If this isn't the rudest most ignorant comment I have ever heard, I don't know WHAT is. Oh wait, yes I do. Some people even have the nerve to ask me if I still want four kids. HELLO?! How the hell are you going to as a mother of FOUR is she still wants four kids? Now THAT'S stupid. Believe it or not, most of these comments come from dh family. His grandma even told me when I was pregnant with my third, "this is the last one, huh? People aint tryina have all all 'em chilrren no mo". Wow, really? And no, it wasn't the last one...I had another one after that!

Why can't I just have my four and you just have your two and we'll go about our own business and not worry about what each other is having?

Okay. Rant over again. I seem to be in a sour mood because this is my second rant post. Sorry :/ I'm done I promise
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 14, 2010 at 10:50 AM
Replies (11-17):
KatieJo81
by on Dec. 14, 2010 at 11:43 PM

LMBO!!! I SOOOOOO know how you feel!! I have 5 children in my household, 2 his, 2 mine and 1 ours. Everyone thought I was insane to have our last child as came as the youngest was starting kindergarten. I just don't pay attention to people who have no manners.

jenbscott
by on Dec. 15, 2010 at 12:10 AM
Yeah, I got to the point where I ignore them while they're talking and when they don't get a response back from me, they just walk away with a dumb look on their face! Hahaha

Quoting KatieJo81:

LMBO!!! I SOOOOOO know how you feel!! I have 5 children in my household, 2 his, 2 mine and 1 ours. Everyone thought I was insane to have our last child as came as the youngest was starting kindergarten. I just don't pay attention to people who have no manners.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenbscott
by on Dec. 15, 2010 at 12:21 AM
I must have missed that one! And about that law, if it is true, I'm betting that there is more to it that your mil isn't telling you. My friend husband was married to a someone before her who had kids(but weren't his). They divorced(obviously, teehee, since he is now married to my friend). The odd thing is that he has to pay child support...for his ex-step kids. Because they were married a certain amount of time, he has to pay CS for kids that aren't even his. He didn't adopt them or seek guardianship over them either.

Quoting ShannaBee:

Nope, not close. Used to be until I got pregnant and she started being overbearing. Guess you didn't see my post on the taxes. She is something else. I feel like she is the fakest person on the planet along with my FIL. We were hanging out one day and they happened to mention that if someone with kids is living with another person, that person can sue for custody. And I was like, ya'll are always trying to get me and DH to move in. Fat chance. That law may just be a rumor because they think they know everything but if it's real, it's a messed up law.

Quoting jenbscott:

Even bigger WOW on your MIL and that whole custody thing! That is evil(sorry to offend u if you and her are close). I'm speechless, lol.

My mil used to be pretty bad too but not to that point, I don't think. When we first moved to Louisiana, we had to stay with her. She drove me up the WALL. Finally she pushed me too far one night so I packed my stuff and I was OUT of there. I told my mom "ma, I'm coming back to California" Dh understood, so he helped me pack and we agreed that he would stay behind and look for a job and get a place set up for us so we come back. While I was packing, there were cops at the door. She CALLED them because "she's trying to kidnap her kids". the only way you can say that a parent is kipnapping a kid is A.)The other parent doesn't agree(even then its hard) or B.) Custody isn't theirs at the time.

:/

Quoting ShannaBee:

My familly isn't that accepting when it comes to babies. As anit-baby that my grandma and mom are I'm surprised they had kids! They think they have the right to limit how many I can have. Ummmm. I'm married and 25 and I live at my own house with my husband. So I don't understand how that concerns them.

On the other hand, my MIL wants me to pop kids out left and right. I would like to wait 3 years until my next one and MIL says that's too long for her and teasingly said if I wait that long she'll kick my ass. But my MIL has a mental problem and tries to live out the fantasy of having a second child through my husband's offspring and had a tendency to take over and overstep and be overbearing....loooooooooooooooong story I could tell on that one. She'd rather be mom to my children rather than a grandma. She wanted us to move in so bad and I find out a little while ago she believes that in Arkansas, if somone is living with you then you can file for custody of their  children so I think that's why she's always trying to get us to move in.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyLowry
by on Dec. 15, 2010 at 12:52 AM

I get that too. We have four in our house - 1 is his 3 are ours & one on the way. People don't understand why we have so many kids, or how we can stand to have that many kids. Now, I often wonder myself how I can handle it, but God gives me the strength everyday. (My twins are 4 and are INSANE)

rockinmomto2
by on Dec. 15, 2010 at 9:52 AM

My family teases me because each of my kids were born in 2005, 2007, and 2009. They keep asking me if I'm pregnant again. LOL. Not really the same thing though.

People these days really can't keep their opinions to themselves, and don't care if they're rude or not.

SandraRh
by on Dec. 15, 2010 at 11:04 AM

I sure do know what you mean!  I constantly had comments when I was pregnant with my third... 'this is your last one, RIGHT??????'  'You can't handle anymore, riiiiiigggghhhhtttt?????'

How annoying!  And yes i was planning to be done with having 3 but we ended up having a fourth.  Now I always hear...you sure do have your hands full.  I don't mind that comment because it is true...LOL...I do! I wouldn't have it any other way though.

tara61479
by on Dec. 15, 2010 at 11:33 AM

I completely understand! I think people just mind their own business and there wouldnt be no drama like that.  My sister has 7 kids and I always joke around with her about it but she wanted a big family and thats her business.  I have two and would love to have another but financially cant do it right now.  Sorry people have to be that way to you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)