Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cold Feet?

Posted by on Dec. 16, 2010 at 11:53 AM
  • 8 Replies

I love Df sooo much. I can't picture (nor do I want to) life without him. We're TTC #2, we're saving for our first house. etc We're so much in love. And yet, I can't marry him!

We've been engaged for a year now. We keep talking about dates, he wants it now (JOP), I want to wait. I'm in dier need of some decent medical and dental insurance, Df has THE BEST, and would only cost him an extra $8 for me. (Where as just dental alone would be $55 a month) So he brought up getting married again... and I kind of froze.

Why? Were you/are you the same way? Why? I can't understand it..

by on Dec. 16, 2010 at 11:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
amy31308
by on Dec. 16, 2010 at 12:04 PM

Hmm.. We weren't that way at all. Getting married was never a question. There wasn't even a thought of "cold feet". We were pregnant in july, engaged in october and married in July. We knew we were going to get married anyways. He had plans on proposing for christmas that year. But everything worked out great!!

CajunCutiesMom
by on Dec. 16, 2010 at 12:32 PM

Actually my dh and I were both that way.  We would talk about dates, and they would come and go but we still didn't get married.  I finally said to heck with it and planned a small wedding and we were finally married after being together for 2 years. 

NevadaSky
by on Dec. 16, 2010 at 12:36 PM

1st date was June 24 '78.......we talked about marriage on our 2nd date.......married on Oct. 19 '78.

We were both ready to get married and couldn't wait.

3 kids,  4 grandkids and 32 years later, we are still going strong!!!!

Bmat
by Member on Dec. 16, 2010 at 1:25 PM

No, I gave it careful thought, decided that this was the man I wanted to raise a family with and spend the rest of my life with, and said yes.  Before we got married we discussed financial matters, health issues,  children and child-rearing,  dealing with extended family, religion, so we had addressed important issues.

Lovebugbaby
by on Dec. 16, 2010 at 2:24 PM

So have we. We've gone over all of the nows, what if's, future etc. If we dont agree, we find someway to compromise. It's exactly how ive pictured a relationship to be.

Quoting Bmat:

No, I gave it careful thought, decided that this was the man I wanted to raise a family with and spend the rest of my life with, and said yes.  Before we got married we discussed financial matters, health issues,  children and child-rearing,  dealing with extended family, religion, so we had addressed important issues.

HollyBerry727
by on Dec. 16, 2010 at 2:46 PM

Hmmm, I really don't understand. If you love him and plan to be with him 4ever then why not get married? I have some friends Aj, and Jacci. She wants to get married and have kids, and he dosn't. He said he sees no reason why they should. They have been together for 7 years and he still feels that way. I don't know maybe deep down your worried things will change? When Dh and I got married I wanted to wait and have a ceremony, but Dh wanted to get married so bad I gave in and we went to the court house. We have been married 3 years in Feb. Still going strong. We are planning our summer wedding for 2012 right now. I hope though you can figure out what you really want. GL.

ShannaBee
by Platinum Member on Dec. 16, 2010 at 3:50 PM
I didn't get cold feet I was way more than excited to get married. My sister had cold feet, it took her five years and two children later to marry her DH.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OhiogirlinCali
by on Dec. 16, 2010 at 3:52 PM

I never got cold feet with my 2nd hubby.  It was just "Right".

With my first, there was something inside of me that was telling me not to marry him, but I didn't listen.  I could have avoided many trying years if I would have trusted my gut.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)