Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just joined, Hi Everyone!

Posted by on Dec. 16, 2010 at 12:04 PM
  • 1 Replies

I received an invitation to join, so thought I would.  My name is Adria, I live in Vermont where we raise American Curly Horses.  My husband, Chuck, and I have been married 25 years and together for 28.  We have 3 daughters that we raised (I have 1 daughter that I relinguished for adoption and we are now in reunion :) ); Bethany, 30; Erica, 27; and Guinevive, 20.  Pictures of them are on my cafemom homepage.

To give you a brief history.  We met when I was pregnant and separated.  It was practically "love at first sight" but having been in a difficult relationship, I was cautious.  He dove right in and was with me when Erica was born.  Here's a picture from her birth:

We married on July 20, 1985:

And Bethany had a part in our wedding as well.  She was ringbearer (really)/flower girl.  At the end of the ceremony, she turned to the audience and said "Let the wild rumpus start!" A favorite line from "Where the Wild Things Are" (only a book back then!).  Here she is saying her line:

And here we are, married for 25 years this past summer:

We're both a bit more "platinum" but more in love than we were 25 years ago.

Chuck is an accountant, and I raise and train the horses.  All the girls are off in their own lifes and you might be tempted to call us "empty nesters", but the girls visit often enough that we don't think so.  Besides, the farm keeps us very busy.  Oh, and we're grandparents as well!

I look forward to getting to know you all!

by on Dec. 16, 2010 at 12:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
preemiemommy
by Member on Dec. 16, 2010 at 12:07 PM

hi :) i'm new too! i love hearing happy stories from older couples...its nice to know that people still do treasure wedding vows :) give me hope :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)