Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

CafeMom Poll #2: Could your marriage survive?

Posted by on Dec. 16, 2010 at 4:01 PM
  • 182 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you think your marriage could survive if your partner had an affair that included making love to another person in your bed?

Options:

Definitely not

Unlikely

Possibly

Yes

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 935

View Results

We want to get your opinions on issues related to Love & Marriage! Please take our poll!

by on Dec. 16, 2010 at 4:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ShannaBee
by Platinum Member on Dec. 16, 2010 at 4:07 PM
I think a marriage can survive infedelity. Both partners must be willing to make it work. DH and I dated as teens in '05. He cheated on me. I forgave him but we later broke up for other reasons. Then we later reconciled and got married. We talked it over and got closure. I don't hold it over his head but I do have some trust issues but I am open and forthcoming and he is open and honest with me as well. Nothing is a secret. And we are happy and have a healthy relationship.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3rdTimeJoining
by Bronze Member on Dec. 16, 2010 at 4:10 PM

Highly unlikely. He's already hidden something from me before, I'm not sure I'd be willing to give him a third chance.

jenbscott
by on Dec. 16, 2010 at 4:12 PM
Survive? After he has sex with another woman in MY bed? Please. I'd burn the bed...and them too if they were still in it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
_Tam_
by on Dec. 16, 2010 at 4:17 PM

I'd recommend that both of us get counseling and try to work things out.  If it happens again, my daughter and I are gone.

coopersmom31306
by on Dec. 16, 2010 at 4:17 PM

Not a chance, there's no way I could trust him ever again and the stress of that alone would be unbearable for me.  He'd be kicked to the curb without a second thought.

Godblessedmex4
by on Dec. 16, 2010 at 4:18 PM
Nope no way in heck!!! God only gives ONE reason in the Bible for Divorce to be acceptable and that is infidelity, there is a reason for that. Infidelity breaks the bond of marriage, not only that, I don't want to be married to someone who could take our commitment so lightly. That's my opinion on the subject!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LCG83
At this point no way but part of me wishes he would so I would have a real concrete reason to leave.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
onefootcutiepie

That would be REALLY tough.... I DO think it's possible, yes.

tiddliwinks
by on Dec. 16, 2010 at 4:19 PM

Quoting onefootcutiepie:

That would be REALLY tough.... I DO think it's possible, yes.

katesager
by on Dec. 16, 2010 at 4:19 PM

This.

Quoting jenbscott:

Survive? After he has sex with another woman in MY bed? Please. I'd burn the bed...and them too if they were still in it.

Join us in the First Time Moms Group

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)