Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Could Your Marriage Survive? Take Our Polls!

Posted by   + Show Post

We just put up a series of polls about whether your marriage could survive after an affair. Tell us what you think here:

Poll #1: Outside the home

Poll #2: In your bed

Poll #3: Does location matter?

arguing           

by on Dec. 16, 2010 at 4:12 PM
Replies (21-30):
LadyAthena
by on Dec. 16, 2010 at 11:24 PM

Highly doubtful. After an affair you loose trust and what is a relationship with out trust? not one at all. Trust is a very important key to any relationship. I have been cheated on in the past and was dumb enough to go back and that saying "once a cheater always a cheater" did apply he did it to me again and later on I found out that he had been doing it the whole 5years we were together. Sex can be just sex to a man but when emotions are involved it makes things to complicated and every situation is different from the rest but the real question is.... could you trust HIM again? I know a lot of people go threw the phase of " I don't think I can trust/love again" but the thing is every one is different even men they may have similarities amongst each other like us women but as people we are all different in some way that is what makes us individuals

Sam5_littleones
by on Dec. 16, 2010 at 11:38 PM

Weather you stay or not if they cheat the trust is broken and do you ever really trust someone after something like that? No matter what they say you'll always wonder mmmm? And yeah you may stay  for the kid's but it will never be the same.

samthecat001
by on Dec. 16, 2010 at 11:42 PM

i think a marriage can survive an affair. 
and relationships are complicated and delicate... its easy to say "i would leave no question" but when it happens who knows... you are thinking about this man you have built your life with, your children... etc... i dunno... i dont know what i would do.  i havent been there before... i would think i couldnt stand to lose the trust.

Acrockett87
by on Dec. 17, 2010 at 12:18 AM

I love my husband so much and I cant honestly say what I would do. i would love to say I would just walk away and never want to see him again but honestly ( I would never let him know this) i dont know what I would do in the situation. The pain would destroy me, our marriage would definitely not be the same even if we could work it out, and it would destroy my children 2.

Lucky2BaMomof2
by Bronze Member on Dec. 17, 2010 at 12:25 AM

the affair happened. . . he had a 2 year affair. .. kids and i left, we came back. were trying to work things out, but this cant be fixed, i cant trust him no matter how hard i try.

It started in Kuwait, then while i was off dealing with my great grandmothers funeral he had her at MY house in MY bed. .. i found pics of them on MY computer. ..   yeah, its been almost 2 years now, but i cant get past this. I'm hoping I can, so im trying to tough it out. I dont need to take a poll, I know what an affair does to a marriage.

samthecat001
by on Dec. 17, 2010 at 12:30 AM

thats devestating. (((HUGE HUGS)))

Quoting Lucky2BaMomof2:

the affair happened. . . he had a 2 year affair. .. kids and i left, we came back. were trying to work things out, but this cant be fixed, i cant trust him no matter how hard i try.

It started in Kuwait, then while i was off dealing with my great grandmothers funeral he had her at MY house in MY bed. .. i found pics of them on MY computer. ..   yeah, its been almost 2 years now, but i cant get past this. I'm hoping I can, so im trying to tough it out. I dont need to take a poll, I know what an affair does to a marriage.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fucked you."

Justins dad

Acrockett87
by on Dec. 17, 2010 at 12:39 AM

yes, It hasnt happened to me but I imagine the same thing if it did. I KNOW it wont be easy to leave forever but even with staying together would hurt just as much, I honestly dont know what I would do. And i do think about it and even though it hasnt happened to me yet I'm scared to death that it can all change and my life can be turned upside down. Right now my husband likes to be home, so its work and home for him and he has a reg. 9-5 job so I know where he is all the time so so far so good but I still get them thoughts that everything could just slip away from me one day and my family can be destroyed.

Quoting Lucky2BaMomof2:

Acrockett87
by on Dec. 17, 2010 at 12:41 AM

that really sux, makes me wanna kick his ass. I know how much your marriage must be hurting u right now, i feel for u babe. 

Quoting Lucky2BaMomof2:

Lucky2BaMomof2
by Bronze Member on Dec. 17, 2010 at 12:45 AM

thanks guys, im fighting a good fight, against myself, lol. . . but in the end i think im going to get us all financially squared away and leave. .. im hoping i dont and stick it out for better days, but i already know how much it hurts to stay and no one has ever told me it gets better. .. I dont think the trust ever comes back fully. . . if he goes to work early, or comes home late i panic because of how BADLY things went last time. If he hides things from me at all ever i get nervous, if hes chatting with people i dont know i get scared. .. . its not a marriage id wish on anyone. ..

MrsKuhn
by on Dec. 17, 2010 at 12:46 AM
Totally agree

Quoting NevadaSky:

I truly don't care where the affair happened.   If it happened I'd be gone, period!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN