Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Could Your Marriage Survive? Take Our Polls!

Posted by   + Show Post

We just put up a series of polls about whether your marriage could survive after an affair. Tell us what you think here:

Poll #1: Outside the home

Poll #2: In your bed

Poll #3: Does location matter?

arguing           

by on Dec. 16, 2010 at 4:12 PM
Replies (41-50):
MSamway
by on Dec. 17, 2010 at 10:57 AM

I always say it would be over but until it happen you never know. My husband cheated on me for the 1st 6 months of our relationship, and I stayed. To this day I wonder why, and with our relationship rocky right now I wonder even more. I do know that I would take some time to really think about how it would effect mine and my daughters lives.

TrishaB71
by on Dec. 17, 2010 at 11:03 AM

Quoting funwit5:

My husband has cheated on me ;( I let town we seperated for 6 months but got back together now were stronger then ever I know our bond is stronger "fool me once shame on u fool me twice shame on me"

Sometimes it makes the marriage stronger. Been through that and our love is now closer and stronger then it has been in years. I have been with my husband 23 years been married 21, and I thought as other women have, if it happens to me I'll leave, well sometimes if something is missing you may not know until something like this happens. You forgive and move on. Of course trust build up again is a big thing that happens over time, but love can withstand a hurricane if it's strong enough.

ingrid198
by Bronze Member on Dec. 17, 2010 at 4:59 PM

It would hurt a little more knowing it was in our home or worse yet in our bed but cheating is cheating itd be horrible nomatter where it was

I took my ows very seriously but i honestly dont know what would happen to our marriage were i to catch him cheating

22 year old SAHM to two beautiful babies, Aiden Finn and Sophia Marie. I believe in   vaccinating, co-sleeping, breastfeeding, none ERF, circumcising.and spanking when necessary.  loving wife to Michael since 10/24/09!

momofapreemie
by on Dec. 17, 2010 at 5:38 PM

Quoting NevadaSky:

My marriage means alot to me too!!! I am married to my best friend!!!  Been married 32 yrs. 

2 reasons - that would put a halt to my marriage (even this far in) - Abuse or Affair.

i agree

wedding websites

BrookieCookie1
by on Dec. 17, 2010 at 7:50 PM

I always believe that things DO happen for a reason-even if it is not entirely evident from the gate. So, that being said, I can't answer, I'd have to see how it played out. Maybe it would make the marriage stronger if it really was a one time mistake, maybe I would be too evil and angry to be married to any longer. I could see that happening with me. I could see the affair really just being a mistake and me getting so evil about it, that I would understand if he left, but I just don't know.

BiloxiDreams
by on Dec. 17, 2010 at 8:06 PM

I truely believe my marriage could survive regardless of where.  It wouldn't be easy but we would both have to want it and keep God the focus of our union.

ttm_mommy
by on Dec. 17, 2010 at 10:31 PM

Location doesn't matter. I have forgiven but I'm not sure if I can forgive again! I love my husband with all my heart and I believe that he does too..hell sometimes I believe he may love me more lol But I really can't say until I get iin that situation.

gina413
by on Dec. 18, 2010 at 12:14 AM

Well, I believe in my heart an affair would be the end to my marriage. 

Sarlinda
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2010 at 1:16 AM

An affair is extremely hard to get over. I know this from experience.

333sandy
by on Dec. 18, 2010 at 1:34 AM

I don't want my marriage to simply "survive". I expect my husband to have respect for us and the marriage and for us to make it thrive. If a spouse is unfaithful the marriage is not what it should be. I respect my husband so I would never cheat on him. I respect myself, so I demand the same of him. So far we are happy and going strong. Just celebrated 15 years over the summer!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)