Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Off topic...but friends...

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2010 at 12:20 AM
  • 12 Replies

I don't make friends easily.  I'm always scared to put myself out there.  Well in the past 6 months I've made a friend and now I'm thinking I don't want to be friends with her anymore.  She's flakey when we have plans and she's always late.  I just don't get it.  Tonight we were supposed to go out for dinner.  She was supposed to call me before she left from work (she forgot her cell at home).  She calls me an hour after we were planning to go and says she's been at the restaurant for 30 minutes and where am I?  I had to go back through my emails but I never saw anything that said we were meeting there.  Ugh...I don't know what to do now.

by on Dec. 17, 2010 at 12:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ShannaBee
by on Dec. 17, 2010 at 12:32 AM
Have a talk with her. Tell her that obviously you and she seem to have miscommunication on outings and the two of you find ways to get on the same page.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shymama3
by on Dec. 18, 2010 at 10:41 AM

Well I guess we aren't talking now.  I kind of refuse to take the high road because she was annoyed at ME for a mistake SHE made.  I'm kind of hurt about that.  She's a little too high maintenance for me anyway.  I'm too old for this crap.  :)

picturemomma
by on Dec. 18, 2010 at 11:30 AM

I'm much the same way. I've had friends that are incredibly flakey, and I still have some that can occasionally be flakes. I guess it all boils down to whether their friendship is important enough to deal with it. I think in this case it sounds like it's not. Where do you live at?

CaptainCookie
by on Dec. 18, 2010 at 11:34 AM

She forgot her cell at home. OK. Her work doesn't have a phone she could have used for a minute? And somehow she had a phone to call you from at the restaurant?

Yeah. Your friend doesnt sound real reliable to me.

superexcitedmom
by on Dec. 18, 2010 at 11:37 AM
that stinks... I'm the same way though! I don't have many friends & sometimes I feel like it's me.. But I just don't like to deal with drama or anything! So I steer clear of people I guess... But I'm ok with that for the most part!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shymama3
by on Dec. 26, 2010 at 7:44 PM

So I haven't spoken to this friend since that night.  She's been ignoring me on Facebook.  Do I just delete her and get it over with?

MrsTantaros
by on Dec. 26, 2010 at 8:09 PM

Personally in my opinion, for you guys being new firends. And she is acting like that after something she did. Its not worth it. I would just ignore her. Before she ignored you, there could of been a talk between you both, but for her to act childish...well thats added stress you deff. dont need.

Sorry hun! but....WE ALL HERE CAN BE YOUR FRIENDS! :D We, wont give you the run around. We will always be here! :) And you can chat on your time! hehe

augest1
by on Dec. 27, 2010 at 5:08 PM

Talk to her and let her know how your feeling. Im sure you both can find a way to be on the same page. If not, then leave it alone.

LovelyMother88
by on Dec. 27, 2010 at 6:31 PM

Doesn't sound worth it to me...ugh, I hate flaky friends. I have had my share of those... And you don't need to take the "high road" and take responsibility for HER mistake. No friend is better than one that doesn't value your friendship and take it seriously.

Sorry, I know how hard it is to make friends sometimes...

jenbscott
by on Dec. 27, 2010 at 7:15 PM

Don't even delete her. Just leave her be.

Don't ignore her back but don't waste your time with her unless she puts more effort into her friendship with you.

I have a hard time making friends too. Mostly because I don't find to many women I can relate to and I'm not into partying anymore. And friends who say one thing but do another work my nerves and I don't have the time for that.

Quoting Shymama3:

So I haven't spoken to this friend since that night.  She's been ignoring me on Facebook.  Do I just delete her and get it over with?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN