Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Off topic...but friends...

Posted by   + Show Post

I don't make friends easily.  I'm always scared to put myself out there.  Well in the past 6 months I've made a friend and now I'm thinking I don't want to be friends with her anymore.  She's flakey when we have plans and she's always late.  I just don't get it.  Tonight we were supposed to go out for dinner.  She was supposed to call me before she left from work (she forgot her cell at home).  She calls me an hour after we were planning to go and says she's been at the restaurant for 30 minutes and where am I?  I had to go back through my emails but I never saw anything that said we were meeting there.  Ugh...I don't know what to do now.

by on Dec. 17, 2010 at 12:20 AM
Replies (11-12):
DaniandTom
by on Dec. 27, 2010 at 8:05 PM

It's so hard sometimes when you're on the shy side. I am like you, I have a hard time making friends in person. For some reason--the annonymity perhaps?--I don't have that problem online. LOL

I've had my share of flaky friends who have used me or treated me like crap. I am so sorry you're going through this but I agree that she doesn't sound like she's worth the effort to straighten things out with.

SlightlyPerfect
by Slightly Perfect on Dec. 27, 2010 at 11:23 PM

I really find most people not to be worth my time, so if I were you, I'd ditch her. But if you have a real need to be social, then maybe just talk to her. I have a feeling this is just her way of doing things, and it'll come down to whether you can or will adapt to it.

Me, personally? I just don't have time for crap like you're describing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)