Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Wedding in Hawaii.

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2010 at 12:23 PM
  • 11 Replies

So I was just wondering how many of you ladies had a wedding in Hawaii? Was is worth it? Around how much did you pay for the whole trip? Also how long where you there?

Hubby and I are already married(Courthouse) and we are still saving up for a Wedding!!  We are interested in having a Maui Wedding but from the websites I've looked into things add up and it seems like a real headache, and I was just wondering if it's really worth it. I live in Georgia so it would all be online, and I wouldn't know what anything looks like till the day of. I'm not sure if it will be worth risking.

by on Dec. 17, 2010 at 12:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HollyBerry727
by on Dec. 17, 2010 at 12:33 PM

Bump.

ShannaBee
by Platinum Member on Dec. 17, 2010 at 4:31 PM

Nope, no wedding in Hawaii. We could not afford it at the time. We got married at a dance hall and it was just as magnificent and anything a celebrity could pull off.

Welcome to the group, by the way, HollyBerry727!

wingsfan1234
by on Dec. 17, 2010 at 4:33 PM

no hawaii wedding here ... but my sister got married in Jamacia.. she lives in GA.  She said it was a really nice experience and basically costed about $10,000 for a weeks stay, all inclusive for her, her husband and i think 4 other people stayed part of the week

DesertEstReLLa7
by on Dec. 17, 2010 at 4:36 PM

my sil married a Hawaiian guy a few years ago (his whole family is from there) so the expenses weren't that bad because they had places for everyone to stay. My husband and I were the only one's that didn't go because I was 9 months pregnant at the time. But, by the photos and everyone describing it, it seemed beautiful and I was sad to miss the experience. My sil and her hubby actually just moved to Hawaii to finish up their masters and we get to go see them in Feb, Can't Wait!!!

HollyBerry727
by on Dec. 17, 2010 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks!! I think I want to end up doing a Rustic outdoor wedding, near a waterfall. It's cheaper. Lol.

Quoting ShannaBee:

Nope, no wedding in Hawaii. We could not afford it at the time. We got married at a dance hall and it was just as magnificent and anything a celebrity could pull off.

Welcome to the group, by the way, HollyBerry727!

HollyBerry727
by on Dec. 17, 2010 at 5:38 PM

Sounds nice!! $10,000 is our limit. I have a lot of family that want to come.

Quoting wingsfan1234:

no hawaii wedding here ... but my sister got married in Jamacia.. she lives in GA.  She said it was a really nice experience and basically costed about $10,000 for a weeks stay, all inclusive for her, her husband and i think 4 other people stayed part of the week

HollyBerry727
by on Dec. 17, 2010 at 5:40 PM

Aww, I'm sorry. My Sister got married when I was 9 months pregnant. I was the Maid of Honor. I enjoyed it but was miserable at the same time. Lol. Congrats on your baby, and seeing your family soon!!

Quoting DesertEstReLLa7:

my sil married a Hawaiian guy a few years ago (his whole family is from there) so the expenses weren't that bad because they had places for everyone to stay. My husband and I were the only one's that didn't go because I was 9 months pregnant at the time. But, by the photos and everyone describing it, it seemed beautiful and I was sad to miss the experience. My sil and her hubby actually just moved to Hawaii to finish up their masters and we get to go see them in Feb, Can't Wait!!!

isabellem
by on Dec. 17, 2010 at 5:41 PM
I am from Canada and got married in Honolulu! The wedding itself cost about $1000.00 for everything (limo, beautiful pictures and video, hair in room, flowers, cake ect)... Google "hawaiian eye weddings." The whole trip cost us about $6000.00. But we did tons of stuff... Swam with dolphins, jet skis, parasailing, dinner cruise, luau ect. Was so much fun! Just me and him (had a bbq with family before we left). Don't regret it and LOVED it :). Congrats!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HollyBerry727
by on Dec. 17, 2010 at 5:57 PM

Wow, Thank you!!

Quoting isabellem:

I am from Canada and got married in Honolulu! The wedding itself cost about $1000.00 for everything (limo, beautiful pictures and video, hair in room, flowers, cake ect)... Google "hawaiian eye weddings." The whole trip cost us about $6000.00. But we did tons of stuff... Swam with dolphins, jet skis, parasailing, dinner cruise, luau ect. Was so much fun! Just me and him (had a bbq with family before we left). Don't regret it and LOVED it :). Congrats!

sheepishcanuck
by on Dec. 17, 2010 at 6:05 PM
We went to a wedding in Maui, my DH was best man. I have to admit that it was the most beautiful wedding I've ever attended. It was 6 years ago and we still talk about how beautiful Maui was. I've never been to any other island but I belive Maui to be the perfect balance between modern conviences and tropical. Very laid back. I'm sure it will be pricey but it's worth it. My husband and I got married on a cruise. It was pretty and more affordable for us. The problem was that we found out I was pregnant one week before we left (surprise!) and I had terrible morning sickness that was worse with the motion of the boat.
Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)