Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

How did he propose?

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2010 at 1:17 PM
  • 23 Replies

We were on a cruise to the Bahama's. It was so sweet and romantic- besides the face that hapf his crew was with us, lol!

by on Dec. 17, 2010 at 1:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
txsgal
by on Dec. 17, 2010 at 1:21 PM

No proposal for me. Just got married because according to my mom "it was the right thing to do." Yes, I was pregnant and I did want to marry him just not 9 months pregnant by the Justice of the Peace. Yeah, that was my special day. Did I mention I was in shorts? Yup that was my fancy wedding dress.

myrandabrown13
by on Dec. 17, 2010 at 1:22 PM

i was told i was marrying him lol i just looked at him and said what? he said oh is that ok lol love him soo much.

poshkat
by on Dec. 17, 2010 at 1:23 PM

we were laying on the couch and i was teasing him about getting married and it got all quiet and he said "are you mad at me?" and i said no. he said it again and i said no. finally he said it again and i yelled "no im not mad at you! stop asking me!" and he got up and said "im not asking you if you are mad at me! im asking you to marry me!!! but if you dont want to thats fine......" and he started to walk away and i stopped him and said i would love to marry him and thats how it happened.

Danielle-Lo-La
by on Dec. 17, 2010 at 1:25 PM

umm we were walking through the mall randomy looking at rings and what not waiting for our movie to start.. and he bought the ring right then and there... no proposal.. lol. We had talked about it when he got orders to move here to WA but never got into details... until then lol

1mom726
by on Dec. 17, 2010 at 1:27 PM

He took me to Galveston and we had dinner and then went for a walk on the beach and he proposed. He also dropped my ring in the sand it was dark we found the ring but it scared the crap out if me.

PeanutsGma
by on Dec. 17, 2010 at 1:51 PM

We had an amazing day, he ran in a marathon and he finished!  We had been up since 4 AM, after a very lonnnnnnnnnng day, we finally had dinner with his kids in a great restaurant and then sent them back home to thier mom.  We were back at our hotel, ready to settle in with some good TV and a drink or two.  He said "Honey I was wondering" and he was on his knees, I looked at him and he said "will you marry me?" he held my ring in his hand.  I was shocked, I had no idea this was coming - then I smacked his shoulder, he had the ring in his pocket for the whole race!  I said are you crazy???  Anyway, I love the ring, I love the man, and I never thought it would happen to me.

ShannaBee
by on Dec. 17, 2010 at 3:55 PM

He took me to the park and walked me around and proposed under the gazebo.

HollyBerry727
by on Dec. 17, 2010 at 4:05 PM

Oh I'll never forget that day!! I was in the kitchen cooking dinner for some friends, and Hubby and his buddy left to the store to pick some things up I needed! Well when they came back Hubby walked into the kitchen got down on one knee holding a plastic container from a cheap ring machine. I thought he was joking. So he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. I said yes. He then opened the box and inside was my engagment ring!! I flipped out because I was not expecting a real ring. Lol.

izzybear0217
by on Dec. 17, 2010 at 4:12 PM

I was working and having a bad night. I was a server in a bar we were super busy and I was putting in 8 tables drink orders at the computer and I turned around and he was down on one knee and he asked me to marry him. It was in front of all my regulars, and my bartenders. My tips increased that night. lol 

melliesmom1207
by on Dec. 17, 2010 at 4:19 PM

were were in our kitchen and I was talking to his sister about the baby ( I had just found out I was pregnant) and he said to me " so you wanna, you know do it." I said "do what" and he said "get married". I said ok then he went fishing with his sister's boyfriend. So romantic....lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN