Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

My husband lost his fingertip :( Sorry TMI.....

Posted by on Dec. 23, 2010 at 10:07 PM
  • 32 Replies

My husband was making tamales today (he's from Nicaragua originally) and he cut his finger horribly bad because he was cleaning out the stick blender and forgot to disconnect it from the wall.  I won't go into many details but it was awful.  We got to the ER and they couldn't suture it.  He is going to have to go to a hand surgeon in order to repair the problem.  

I'm so upset over this.  Especially since it's Christmas :(

UPDATE:  He got to see a hand doctor today (Monday) and they are scheduling him for surgery on Wednesday evening - probably doing a skin graft.  At the ER, they removed his fingernail and the hand doctor was not happy that they did that.  Our regular doctor wasn't happy to know that either.  Apparently that is not something he should have done.  I'm not sure if we should look into taking some kind of legal action - but since my husband has to work with his hands (he's a home improvement contractor), it's very important that his hands are working right.

I'm a little stressed out because I'm a SAHM and he is our only source of income :(

by on Dec. 23, 2010 at 10:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KEISHAJB
by on Dec. 23, 2010 at 10:10 PM

im sorryhugs

MrsTantaros
by on Dec. 23, 2010 at 10:11 PM

SOO SORRY!!!  You have my blessings and prayers he has a speedy recovery!

~New Love & Marriage Group Mod~

MumsTheWord571
by Bronze Member on Dec. 23, 2010 at 10:12 PM

oh wow! My Dad lost the tip of his too. But he lost it on a table saw. His however was just skin and a chip or two of bone. he just has a finger that is a tiny bit stinted now. Hope your hubby is okay!

pat36037
by on Dec. 23, 2010 at 10:13 PM

im sorry

lfrrll5
by on Dec. 23, 2010 at 10:15 PM
Wow I am sorry to hear this. Man I love tamales myself. I need to learn to make them sometime. :) I used to get spoiled by a friend she'd being them to work for all of us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
k481gil
by on Dec. 23, 2010 at 10:18 PM

hugs Hope he heals quickly.

angeleyes16
by Member on Dec. 23, 2010 at 10:19 PM

Ouch! I'm glad he's okay =)

carinyosa99
by on Dec. 23, 2010 at 10:46 PM

The funny thing is my husband is a general contractor and you'd think that he would have been a little more careful.  Good thing though is he already had a tetanus shot within the past 5 years (although they last 10, if any incident happens after 5 years, they want you to get another one).

Meganmegs2
by on Dec. 23, 2010 at 11:10 PM

im sorryhugsyou are in my thoughts

victoriaherring
by on Dec. 23, 2010 at 11:14 PM

I'm sorry! My grandpa lost the top two sections of his pinky.. He always makes it a joke though. He will hold up his hands and say "how many fingers am I holding up" or he will put it to his nose or ear and make it look like its way deep in there.. its funny

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)