Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

My husband lost his fingertip :( Sorry TMI.....

Posted by   + Show Post

My husband was making tamales today (he's from Nicaragua originally) and he cut his finger horribly bad because he was cleaning out the stick blender and forgot to disconnect it from the wall.  I won't go into many details but it was awful.  We got to the ER and they couldn't suture it.  He is going to have to go to a hand surgeon in order to repair the problem.  

I'm so upset over this.  Especially since it's Christmas :(

UPDATE:  He got to see a hand doctor today (Monday) and they are scheduling him for surgery on Wednesday evening - probably doing a skin graft.  At the ER, they removed his fingernail and the hand doctor was not happy that they did that.  Our regular doctor wasn't happy to know that either.  Apparently that is not something he should have done.  I'm not sure if we should look into taking some kind of legal action - but since my husband has to work with his hands (he's a home improvement contractor), it's very important that his hands are working right.

I'm a little stressed out because I'm a SAHM and he is our only source of income :(

by on Dec. 23, 2010 at 10:07 PM
Replies (31-32):
NicholeAT
by on Dec. 27, 2010 at 11:02 AM

Sorry, sounds like an awful way to spend Christmas

carinyosa99
by on Dec. 27, 2010 at 2:29 PM

Update in original post.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)