Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Christmas night alone...?

Posted by on Dec. 25, 2010 at 10:37 PM
  • 11 Replies
dh and i were chilling watching Tranformers wheb i very nonchlaunte reminded him of some bills...he up and went to bed. ;(
Maybe i should have waited and i wouldnt be sitting here alone christmas night. DaNG!
Sometimes it isnt any fun at all being responsible
by on Dec. 25, 2010 at 10:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Eveshalloween
by on Dec. 25, 2010 at 10:39 PM

:( is he mad?

MooreMom523
by on Dec. 25, 2010 at 10:50 PM

I hear you. Hubby has to work a lot on holidays and he works nights--I hate spending them alone.

BiloxiDreams
by on Dec. 25, 2010 at 10:57 PM

Thanks to deployments and training we've had Christmas alone a time or two.

I know many people would be against this BUT, I handed over all control of finances, including bills.  When they come in I give them to him without even opening them.  He's learned to be responsible with them now and not only are they always paid on time but usually early and for loans he pays them more than what's due.  In fact, he now wants to pay off all the loans and live debt free and the way we're going I know it's possible.  After I did this (and waited a few months for us both to adjust) I asked how he like it.  He prefers it this way because (as he said) he felt emasculated when his wife would remind him that we owe people money.  Something about how he felt like he couldn't provide without tons of of bills and whatnot.  It may not be for you but maybe it's insight into why he went to bed upset.  I say go up there and give him a very happy wake-up and then cuddle in bed together until you both pass out.  wink mini

Lossy
by on Dec. 25, 2010 at 11:18 PM

this is my 2nd in a row  christmas alone, with him overseas.

dawndls66
by on Dec. 25, 2010 at 11:24 PM

DH is very ill went to bed early and kidos playing with their Ipod touches so its just me and the dogs. Think I will do some baking

jenbscott
by on Dec. 26, 2010 at 12:42 AM
Yeah, I feel ya. Dh is in the front too into his ps3 :( oh well. I had fun with my kids today.

And, I wish I was a kid sometimes. We're REALLY tight on money right now but my kids are oblivious to all the stress dh and I are going through. I was watching them while they were opening their presents and the looks on their faces. So innocent and not a care or worry in the world...*sigh*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AFWifey20
by on Dec. 26, 2010 at 9:24 AM
Quoting Eveshalloween:

:( is he mad?

More like disappointed. (in himself) since we have been married things havent been as easy as he promised, i dont have a problem, but his pride does
BiloxiDreams
by on Dec. 26, 2010 at 10:35 AM

BUMP!

AFWifey20
by on Dec. 26, 2010 at 2:34 PM

BUMP!

AFWifey20
by on Dec. 26, 2010 at 2:36 PM
Quoting jenbscott:

Yeah, I feel ya. Dh is in the front too into his ps3 :( oh well. I had fun with my kids today.

And, I wish I was a kid sometimes. We're REALLY tight on money right now but my kids are oblivious to all the stress dh and I are going through. I was watching them while they were opening their presents and the looks on their faces. So innocent and not a care or worry in the world...*sigh*

Thats always the best. Its also nice to be thought of tho.. Which is hard to allow bc we as mothers & wives just want out fam happy first.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN