Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help me with curly hair! OT

Posted by on Dec. 27, 2010 at 9:48 PM
  • 5 Replies
My hair is super duper straight and fine. There's is not a single curve to it.

My daughter, however, has super duper CURLY hair! Wghat kind of products can I put in it to keep the curls nice and soft all day long? WithOUT getting frizzy? Frizz-ease?

She'll wake up in the morning with a great big ball of black fire on top of her hair, lol. It's so funny and cute.

Help? Please =)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 27, 2010 at 9:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Sarlinda
by Bronze Member on Dec. 27, 2010 at 9:54 PM

My oldest dd has naturally curly hair. Isnt brushing it fun? We use the frizz-ease. IF she wears it down then we use hair gel to keep the curls under control. Leave in conditioner helps her and you could try hot oil treatments.

jenbscott
by on Dec. 27, 2010 at 11:21 PM

Maybe fun for me but not for her! lol

I'll try some frizz-ease, thanks!

Quoting Sarlinda:

My oldest dd has naturally curly hair. Isnt brushing it fun? We use the frizz-ease. IF she wears it down then we use hair gel to keep the curls under control. Leave in conditioner helps her and you could try hot oil treatments.

Mandy575
by Member on Dec. 28, 2010 at 1:00 AM

both my daughters and I have curly hair. I always use a leave in spray conditioner. if you can afford salon products they really are the best. We all use a little mouse but the trick to mouse is put a dolop in your hand then rub your hands together till it's just watery then rub it through the hair while its wet. Use a pick not a brush its easier. If you are worried about friz use silker but just a tiny amount. I personally don't like frizz ease but you might. GOOD LUCK!!!

jenbscott
by on Dec. 28, 2010 at 1:42 AM
I was wondering about a leave-in conditioner... How do you dry your hair? With a diffuser?

And yeah, I never use a brush to her hair unless it's wet and I've sprayed a detangler in it. Even then, I sill use a wide-toothed comb.

Quoting Mandy575:

both my daughters and I have curly hair. I always use a leave in spray conditioner. if you can afford salon products they really are the best. We all use a little mouse but the trick to mouse is put a dolop in your hand then rub your hands together till it's just watery then rub it through the hair while its wet. Use a pick not a brush its easier. If you are worried about friz use silker but just a tiny amount. I personally don't like frizz ease but you might. GOOD LUCK!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kathy-PSPR
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2010 at 9:08 AM

I always use a pick, and never use a blow dryer. I use a bit of gel and let it air dry.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)