Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Points in life

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2010 at 1:38 AM
  • 4 Replies

I feel like I've hit this point in my life where I want to make major (yet gradual) changes, to myself and how I react to things that happen to me and those around me.  I've been going through this for the last year or so.  I'm now 33....Is it because of my age?  Is this just a natural point in my life to question and rearrange?  I'm also noticing that I'm eager to try new things like I never have before and I'm not so self conscious. 

by on Dec. 28, 2010 at 1:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
jenbscott
by on Dec. 28, 2010 at 1:55 AM
I'm not sure if age has anything to do with it. I'm 26 and had a very strong urge to change the direction my life was going in. Is this kinda what you're talking about?

In a few months time, I went back to school after being out for 8 years, I actively worked on a stronger relationship with God, and, all of a sudden, I have this burning need to spend as much time with my kids as I can.

I felt an urgency all of a sudden and I needed to rearrange some things in my life. I guess it's because I hit rock bottom and had no respect from any family or friends because I was just a high school graduate with four children. Maybe I was trying to prove something...I dunno...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
6under1roof
by on Dec. 28, 2010 at 3:45 AM

i think everyone is constantly growing and maturing. Some people just change slower than others, sometimes outside sources move the growing along. I dont' think it's a mid life crisis, I think it's a good thing and part of healthy growth :)

MrsTantaros
by on Dec. 28, 2010 at 4:49 AM

Yes, I get bored very easily. I always like change. Weather its appearance, place to live, job, ect.

bellaamore
by on Dec. 28, 2010 at 4:58 AM

Nah, it isn't age.  I felt it, too a couple years ago.  It was at the one point where I was in my own home again and things were calm.

Good thing, too, because my daddy, who has always been my only friend, my rock, passed this past summer, and before, I would have never been able to handle it.

I am different now than I was, and it is better. Now, I am ready to work on myself physically.  I recently started wearing makeup and fixing my hair, wearing perfume, etc.  And, I am ready to get healthy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN