Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sister Wives

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2011 at 4:31 PM
  • 25 Replies

Have you ever watched the show on TLC?

What's your take on it?

Could you be a sister wife?

Would you vote for or again making polygamy legal?

Why?

by on Jan. 2, 2011 at 4:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sam.Marie
by on Jan. 2, 2011 at 4:34 PM

Ive watched it. Personally I couldnt do it. I like it just being my hubby and I and not having to share him with any other woman. I personally dont believe in it. I dont care if someone does it as long as the kids are cared for (not on welfare because they chose this life they should provide for the kids).

-mrs.mamma-
by on Jan. 2, 2011 at 4:35 PM

Have you ever watched the show on TLC?   - have seens snipits of a few episodes.

What's your take on it? - I think if everyone is happy, I see nothing wrong with it. and they do bout with jealousy issues, like I think any normal couple would..but they work through them. and that kind of lifestyle is what is best for them.

Could you be a sister wife? - nope. not my cup of tea.

Would you vote for or again making polygamy legal? - I wouldn't mind if it was legal. like I said, I see nothing wrong with it. as long as EVERY party/person involved is taken care of, and happy. who am I to judge what obviously works for THEIR marriage? it's also part of their religion. and I believe they have the right to follow their own religion AND it's practices.

Why? I have always looked at relationships with the mindset that every person in this world is unique and each relationship is as unique as the two people involved in it...and what works for one marriage, may or may not work for someone else's. I think as long as it works for them, GREAT! everybody deserves to have a happy, healthy and long-lasting marriage. I don't care how you achieve it..as long as you do!

tnbjbeams444
by on Jan. 2, 2011 at 4:36 PM

I love the show. I dont like the man too much. I dont know if I could be in one or not. It would be nice to have women to talk to like that though. I would help make it legal. Who am I to judge others just cause I am not in that lifestyle.

tat2dmommie
by on Jan. 2, 2011 at 4:36 PM

never watched it...

think it is a publicity stunt, seeing polgamy is illegal

i would never be a "sister wife"

it is absurd

gaverette
by on Jan. 2, 2011 at 4:41 PM

I have heard about it but haven't watched it! I would never be a "sister wife"!!!! I don't judge other people though.

Supervane
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2011 at 5:02 PM

Why cant we have multiple husbands... LoL  I dont understand polygamy

mjsmom04
by on Jan. 2, 2011 at 5:05 PM

I was just going to post about this yesterday lol! There was an all day marathon on yesterday that got me thinking about what y'all would think.

I think it's nutty. I understand the religion thing and if they're all happy then why not but I don't know how they could be. It's just so wrong in my mind but then again that's why I'm not in a polygamist relationship.

As to the previous poster about the publicity stunt and polygamy not being legal, Kody (the husband) is only LEGALLY married to Meri (the first wife) the other 3 wives he had "religious ceremonies" with but is not legally married to them which is how he gets away with it.

I mean being the country we are I don't know how we've gotten away with it being illegal though. I'm surprised people haven't screamed for their right to free religion...

I don't agree but if that's what floats their boat then more power to them.

dez0717
by on Jan. 2, 2011 at 5:16 PM

Have you ever watched the show on TLC?

Yes, I watched the show on TLC. I am a fan of the show Big Love and I thought it would be interesting to see a family that actually lived the lifestyle.

What's your take on it?

I don't see anything wrong with it. Legally he is only married to Meri and she and the others have worked out the details between themselves and they seem it be able to work through all thier issues (Kody and the first 3 wives have been in this relationship for well over 10 years.) the kids love each other and seem happy.

Could you be a sister wife?

I don't think I could. I can definetly see that this type of relationships would have it's advantages and disadvantages. Just as any other relationship.

Would you vote for or again making polygamy legal?

Yes. Polygamy is practiced worldwide and in most other countries it is accepted. Our country is founded on freedom for our religous beliefs and separation of Church and state so I think if you are willing to be commmitted to your relationship you should be able to marry whoever you want.

wink

roxxyt
by on Jan. 2, 2011 at 5:17 PM

I've seen a couple of episodes, I think it should be legal along with gay marriage, I think if we spent more time worrying about things that really matter like poverty, hungry children and other issues that make a difference and quit worrying about what the neighbors are doing or living it would be a much better place to live. I judge no one on their lifestyles, I figure we are all adults and what we choose is our business not anyone else's. As long as everyone is happy and healthy and the kids are happy and healthy then why care its our lives. Right now I could see having a sister wife, I really don't think I'd mind the help keeping up with everything LOL. Housework, cooking, cleaning. As far as my hubby we had a girlfriend before and it was fun, no jealousy here. Don't get me wrong he is the love of my life and my heart and soul but secure enough to know that we will always be, have been now for 15yrs and going strong.

WaltMommy07
by on Jan. 2, 2011 at 5:21 PM

I have watched it. I loved the show. I couldn't live the lifestyle but then again I wasn't raised around the lifestyle. I am undecided on how I would vote for it though if it ever came up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)