Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Have you ever watched the show on TLC?

What's your take on it?

Could you be a sister wife?

Would you vote for or again making polygamy legal?

Why?

by on Jan. 2, 2011 at 4:31 PM
Replies (21-25):
jbishop31
by on Jan. 4, 2011 at 2:08 PM

I watched the show when it was on and liked it. I could never live that type of lifestyle b/c I could not imagine my husband sleeping or being emotionally or intimately connected to other women. I believe it should be one man one woman. I don't think that polygamy sends a good message to others or children. It is kind of like the free love concept of hippies.

momm41979
by on Jan. 4, 2011 at 2:14 PM

I watched a couple episodes the other night at work at 2am. I dont see anything wrong with polygamy, not for me, but if everyone in the relationship chooses it and  are all happy then why should it matter. I have seen other like dateline special on it and there seemed to be wonderful relationships. That show did not sit well with me the guy seems skeezy. And except for the new one the wives dont seem all that happy.

Wish2Be
by on Jan. 4, 2011 at 2:17 PM

Quoting mummaof2lilboys:

Have you ever watched the show on TLC?

What's your take on it?

Could you be a sister wife?

Would you vote for or again making polygamy legal?

Why?

I have watched it and I think its absolutely unacceptable to be completely honest. I could never be a sister wife. I dont share whats mine. I wouldnt even consider being with a man that thinks something like that is ok.

I would vote against it , because children dont deserve this skewed version of what a family is.  I cant imagine what these children grow up as from homes like these.  Especially Robyn's kids....if I was the children's father I would snatch them out of that environment so fast it wouldnt be funny.

If there were no children involved then more power to them. Once there are children involved....people need to grow up and be real adults.

~ Michelle

CafeMom Tickers
Aarionna
by on Jan. 4, 2011 at 2:21 PM

I have watched a couple episodes. I would never be able to do it I could never share my spouse with anyone. I feel though it is a personal chose and if the women who marry the man are ok with it who am I to tell them they are wrong

momm41979
by on Jan. 4, 2011 at 3:24 PM

children are born into all different kinds of families, gay parents, divorced, never married, they are raised by grandparents, sibling. there really is no longer a traditional family so how does several loving parents damage a child?

Quoting Wish2Be:

I would vote against it , because children dont deserve this skewed version of what a family is.  I cant imagine what these children grow up as from homes like these.  Especially Robyn's kids....if I was the children's father I would snatch them out of that environment so fast it wouldnt be funny.

If there were no children involved then more power to them. Once there are children involved....people need to grow up and be real adults.

~ Michelle

"I'm Fairly Certain That Given A Cape And A Tiara, I Could Save The World"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)