Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Have you ever watched the show on TLC?

What's your take on it?

Could you be a sister wife?

Would you vote for or again making polygamy legal?

Why?

by on Jan. 2, 2011 at 4:31 PM
Replies (11-20):
MrsNewman
by Member on Jan. 2, 2011 at 5:22 PM

I don't care what other people don, I wouldn't do it myself. I don't see why it shouldn't be legal, who cares what other people do as long as they are happy? 

NevadaSky
by on Jan. 2, 2011 at 5:32 PM

They live in my town.  Polygamy is nothing new around here ~ I know many families.  For myself - no I couldn't do it. But to each their own. 

To put your life out there for millions to see - they're nuts!  One of the wives lost her job because of the show!

ShannaBee
by on Jan. 2, 2011 at 5:53 PM
I watched one episode. I could never be in that situation as I don't share.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Serenity7
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2011 at 5:54 PM

Yes I have watch sister wives in tlc. There is no way in the world I could be a sister wife. It was interesting show. I felt bad for the first wife she was really hurting because he was having sex with the other wives and spending alone time with them.

bluestarr80
by on Jan. 2, 2011 at 6:39 PM

Yes

Not for me.

Never.

It's already illegal.

mom2grandma4
by on Jan. 2, 2011 at 7:26 PM

i have seen that show, and no way would i knowingly share my husband, let alone be friendly with her.

Gmgej
by Michele on Jan. 2, 2011 at 7:32 PM
I have watched it and I will admit I am enthralled by it. It does seem to work for these families. I would vote for making it legal. I don't know if I could endure watching my husband touch another woman, but I do "get" it.
mrjjmt
by Member on Jan. 2, 2011 at 7:34 PM

I have only watched it online. I think that it is very interesting, but to each their own. I don't think I could ever do it, but it might be fun to have the companionship of the other sisters. I would vote for polygamy being legal because what harm is it doing for legal consenting adults to marry whoever they want?

mummaof2lilboys
by on Jan. 2, 2011 at 7:36 PM

I happened to catch the marathon! I had never seen the show prior to yesterday.

Quoting mjsmom04:

I was just going to post about this yesterday lol! There was an all day marathon on yesterday that got me thinking about what y'all would think.

I think it's nutty. I understand the religion thing and if they're all happy then why not but I don't know how they could be. It's just so wrong in my mind but then again that's why I'm not in a polygamist relationship.

As to the previous poster about the publicity stunt and polygamy not being legal, Kody (the husband) is only LEGALLY married to Meri (the first wife) the other 3 wives he had "religious ceremonies" with but is not legally married to them which is how he gets away with it.

I mean being the country we are I don't know how we've gotten away with it being illegal though. I'm surprised people haven't screamed for their right to free religion...

I don't agree but if that's what floats their boat then more power to them.

mummaof2lilboys
by on Jan. 2, 2011 at 7:41 PM

I would have to disagree. I thought out of all of them Meri was the most accepting. Janelle didn't really have much of an opinion and it was the hardest on Christine (accepting Robyn) which, I guess is understandable. Christine was wife number three and never experienced a new wife. I had to chuckle though when they were talking about Kody and Meri's wedding and Janelle said "yeah, I was there" Also, I don't understand why Christine got soo bent out of shape that Kody chose Robyn's wedding dress!

Quoting Serenity7:

Yes I have watch sister wives in tlc. There is no way in the world I could be a sister wife. It was interesting show. I felt bad for the first wife she was really hurting because he was having sex with the other wives and spending alone time with them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN