Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Would you renew your vows?

Or have you?

If so, what would/did you do?

by on Jan. 2, 2011 at 7:55 PM
Replies (11-20):
Serenity75
by on Jan. 3, 2011 at 5:59 PM

At one time I thought I would...

But now I feel if I renew my vows it's like erasing the years we've already spent together.. and while those years were REALLY difficult, I can say we made it and I wouldn't take back those years for anything!

youngmami07
by on Jan. 3, 2011 at 6:07 PM

my husband and i got married in a court house this past sept. no family just me him and 3yr ds. so when we go back to visit family (they are in ohio, we are in tx) we plan on doing a small ceremony for family.

jenbscott
by on Jan. 3, 2011 at 6:12 PM
We talked about doing that for our 10th anniversary. He said he wants me to have it big and go all out because when we got married, it was in the living room of our old apartment.

I told him I'd rather use that money on an extra special honeymoon. We never had our honeymoon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Princess7777
by on Jan. 3, 2011 at 6:14 PM

I would not have a problem renewing our vowls.  At some point after we got married.

Goof-Emom
by on Jan. 3, 2011 at 6:16 PM

Hubby and I have talked about it. We didn't have a real wedding, instead we just went to the courthouse on my lunch break and got married. Maybe for our 20th. We'll see.

melliesmom1207
by on Jan. 3, 2011 at 6:19 PM

When we got married alot of the decisions were not mine and I felt I couldnt speak up about hings I didnt like since my father and step mom paid for the wedding. My stepmom kind took over and took control, she never had a wedding so I guess she was living her dreams through me. So I would totally renew my commitment to my hubby. We are thinking for our 10 yr. anniversary we will go to Vegas.

ballerina.2006
by on Jan. 3, 2011 at 6:21 PM
I want to do it for our 10th anniversary (5years from tomorrow). We would be going to either mexico or Hawaii. It would be the wedding i wanted but opted out of (pg at 17 got married literally 2 weeks after I turned 18 and 6months pg). We plan on including our kids and family then either taking a real honeymoon and the kids can go home/stick around with grandparents or we will do a huge extravagent family vacation for the four of us
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HeatherMQ
by on Jan. 3, 2011 at 10:27 PM

We eloped because we were so broke and couldn't afford a wedding. We plan to renew some day and have a ceremony and people there. 

Brighteyes_7916
by on Jan. 3, 2011 at 10:48 PM

heres my post on the subject

http://www.cafemom.com/group/112285/forums/read/12944975/Vow_renual_opinion

mommy_carrillo
by on Jan. 3, 2011 at 11:01 PM
I want to. I want to get married in a church this time. When we got married it was at my grandparents home. It was small and nice but a lot of things didn't go our way my aunt decided that she could do things better. I was and still pissed. My hubby wanted me to do most of the planning but had a few thoughts about things and when I told my mom and aunt my aunt said that was the wrong way. My mom did too but she told me it was my wedding so she didn't try to change it. Also renewing our vows would mean a lot to me since our marriage has been really hard and doing it would mean my hubby still loves me and is willing to make it better. Its a long story. We hoped for our 5th we would but that's in two years and i am not sure it will happen maybe for our 7th.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)